TOMI Episode 1 on iPad Now!

.... But I'm a little hesitant to pick it up based on the lack of subsequent episodes from "Wallace & Gromit", "Sam & Max" etc...

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Good point. I say wait until at least the second episode is released on the iPad, just so that you [probably] know that Telltale are committed to releasing the whole season on the iPad. By the way, will this be your first time playing 'Tales of Monkey Island'?
  • edited December 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Good point. I say wait until at least the second episode is released on the iPad, just so that you [probably] know that Telltale are committed to releasing the whole season on the iPad. By the way, will this be your first time playing 'Tales of Monkey Island'?

No, I've got it on the PC, so it would be a double dip for me - which I don't mind doing as I also have all of the "Sam & Max" seasons as well as "Wallace & Gromit" and I bought those releases for the iPad, but I did so under the impression that:

A). Penal Zone Ep 1 was going to be updated to fix the performance issues, and would be followed by the other eps, and,

B). Wallace & Gromit would also be followed up by the other chapters.

But - all that aside, I'll still be getting "BTTF" episode 1 on the iPad as well.... just 'cause it's cool....
  • edited December 2010
    Glad to see it on the store, but with a PC purchase and a PS3 purchase of the same game, I might have to pass. But it's certainly come as a nice surprise though. Kudos Telltale, hopefully you'll release the full season.
  • edited December 2010
    Ummm. can't find it. Link please?
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Hi all

Here's the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/monkey-island-tales-1-hd/id406248957?mt=8

We're definitely planning the full 5 game series for iPad

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited December 2010
    Well, there's your confirmation, Weeksy :).
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sorry. Given Telltale's track record of not releasing the full series on the iPad, I will not purchase anything until the complete series has been submitted and some reviews have come in indicating it is playable.
  • edited December 2010
    G.byrne wrote: »
    I'm sorry. Given Telltale's track record of not releasing the full series on the iPad, I will not purchase anything until the complete series has been submitted and some reviews have come in indicating it is playable.

+1

Love Telltale stuff on iPad, hate not completing Telltale stuff on iPad.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi,
    at least for me monkey island tales 1 HD for iPad IS nice but not playable.
    Can't find out how to use cutlass on the plants roots in the prolog.
    There is no help that describes how the actions are done within the game, or am I just blind?
  • edited December 2010
    iPaddy wrote: »
    Hi,
    at least for me monkey island tales 1 HD for iPad IS nice but not playable.
    Can't find out how to use cutlass on the plants roots in the prolog.
    There is no help that describes how the actions are done within the game, or am I just blind?

It's playable, that just not what you are supposed to do with the root.
  • edited December 2010
    It's playable, that just not what you are supposed to do with the root.

No, it is...
  • edited December 2010
    No, it is...

Dont you need to put it in the grog, not directly use it with the cutlass?
  • edited December 2010
    Dont you need to put it in the grog, not directly use it with the cutlass?

No, he means to cut the roots off, which you use the cutlass for.
  • edited December 2010
    The question is not just what to do but how to do it.
    How can I use things in my inventory on some objects in the scene. In the inventory I manage to combine stuff, yes, but I miss some icon for a use object function.

Sorry, I have not played TOMI on the computer before, to know what I can do in which way.
  • edited December 2010
    Wouldn't you just open the inventory, touch the item you want to use (which should select it) then touch what you want to use the item with.

or maybe you could try dragging the item out of the inventory onto what you want to use it with.

I don't have it for ipad this is just a guess at how it may work.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm guessing it would just work the same as 'The Devil's Playhouse' did on the iPad.
  • edited December 2010
    It would be nice if it would work like in Sam and Max, but here TOMI comes no menu of actions when I tap on cutlass in the inventory.:(
  • edited December 2010
    I can't speak to other series but I have actually played MI ep 5 on iPad, they're definitely coming.

iPaddy, to use inventory items on something in the environment, select it in your inventory and when you close it, that will be your active item. When you next select an item in the environment, it will use your active item on it.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanx Seher, I tried that before but somehow it works fine now for me.
    Now the fun starts.

Sam and Max will be next, after finishing TOMI.
  • edited December 2010
    I guess I would have to buy every single episode again through the app store right?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm playing this at the moment and it plays brilliantly - the issues from Sam and max have gone. It's very smooth!

Although I do have one different issue which I have also raised in the support forum...

I'm talking to the voodoo lady in the shack and it won't let me finish talking to her! The ipad version is only showing 4 options of things you can say to her. In the PC version there are extra options which you can scroll down to see 'Tell me more about the locket' 'What's your name, anyway?' and 'See ya' but the ipad version doesn't let you scroll down and view the other options.

Consequently you cannot do anything apart from exit the game!! Can anyone tell me how you can scroll down the options please? I'm hoping this is just me being stupid!
  • edited December 2010
    taj500 wrote: »
    I'm playing this at the moment and it plays brilliantly - the issues from Sam and max have gone. It's very smooth!

Although I do have one different issue which I have also raised in the support forum...

I'm talking to the voodoo lady in the shack and it won't let me finish talking to her! The ipad version is only showing 4 options of things you can say to her. In the PC version there are extra options which you can scroll down to see 'Tell me more about the locket' 'What's your name, anyway?' and 'See ya' but the ipad version doesn't let you scroll down and view the other options.

Consequently you cannot do anything apart from exit the game!! Can anyone tell me how you can scroll down the options please? I'm hoping this is just me being stupid!

What are the dialogue options that are present?
  • edited December 2010
    Ignore my question - someone has shown me how to do it! Turns out there are arrows but they're in a different place to the PC version....it was me being blind! :D

The arrows probably need to be made clearer though as they kinda blend in to the background!! (this is me justifying my stupidity)

Overall, great port to the iPad - very smooth, fast etc. Great device to play monkey island on! I am now looking forward to when the other chapters arrive here - and also back to the future!
  • edited December 2010
    I had a blast playing the first episode with my iPad on a flight from Bangkok to Amsterdam. The only thing I didn't find was the skipping of the dialoques. I put the subtitles on from the settings, but still I couldn't skip any cut scenes which I had already seen earlier.
  • edited January 2011
    Is episode 2 going to be released anytime soon?

Call me gun shy, but I was burned by the Sam and Max episodes 2-5 not being released on the iPad. I would love to jump in on this, just need to see ep.2 posted first :)
  • edited January 2011
    I don't have an exact date yet (that will be determined by those above my pay grade) but I have testers on the remaining episodes as we speak.

Also, skipping lines is done by double tapping.
  • edited January 2011
    wildcardd wrote: »

Call me gun shy, but I was burned by the Sam and Max episodes 2-5 not being released on the iPad. I would love to jump in on this, just need to see ep.2 posted first :)

I agree with you. No purchases until they are all released. I won't be burned again, regardless of anybody's word.
  • edited January 2011
    iPad version is now on sale - $3.99 in the Aus store, which I think makes it $1.99 US....

Still no sign of Ep 2.....
  • edited March 2011
    wildcardd wrote: »

Any updates guys?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    We're working on it! I saw content for later-season Monkey eps being tested for iPad just the other day.
  • edited March 2011
    I wonder if they will be released simultaneously or individually. I also wonder if the price structure will lower when all the episodes are there or if they'll stay the same.
  • edited March 2011
    G.byrne wrote: »
    I wonder if they will be released simultaneously or individually. I also wonder if the price structure will lower when all the episodes are there or if they'll stay the same.

I was thinking the same thing. I am even wondering if they bundle them all together into 1 app.
  • edited April 2011
    Anyone have any idea if the next episodes are going to be released? I read somewhere that they were going to be available in March but nothing there yet.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    JCA1970 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea if the next episodes are going to be released? I read somewhere that they were going to be available in March but nothing there yet.

Telltale has confirmed that the iPad release for further ToMI chapters has not been abandoned, but to my knowledge there's not been any specific info on exactly when they will be available.
  • edited June 2011
    Any updates on when TOMI Episode 2 is being released on IPAD, if at all?

Telltale staff any ideas??
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Gozzett wrote: »
    Any updates on when TOMI Episode 2 is being released on IPAD, if at all?

Telltale staff any ideas??

No news is... well, it's not GOOD news, but its not BAD news either, its just unexciting news: We're still working on the later episodes.
  • edited June 2011
    I love this game because it's resemblance of the original Monkey Islands. I've the PC version and I'm on the third chapter.

It would be great if Telltale give the PC/PS3 version owners some tickets to download the iPad versión for free... we've already paid for the game. :P consider it...

Anyway, it's a great game!!! I'll finisht it soon on my PC. And next will be Back to Future.
  • edited June 2011
    Just read this:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Monkey+Island+Tales+2+HD/news.asp?c=30688

Is episode 2 due to be on the app store at midnight tonight? :eek::eek:

Is this true? Telltale staff? :confused::confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.