Murder at the Inventory - ideas anyone?

So, it seems to be popular opinion that it would be cool if there was a Murder Mystery game set at the Inventory, but what would happen, what would the gameplay be like, and more importantly, who would be in it? Post your ideas here people!

Here a few of my ideas to kick us off:

- Agent Tethers is called in to investigate a murder at the Inventory.
- Point and Click adventuring - interrogate suspects
- Whodunnit? - Was it: Sam, Max, Tycho, Strong Bad, Homestar, PomPom, Flint Paper, The Heavy, The Spy, Guybrush, Gromit, Superball, or Fone Bone?

This whole thing is highly unlikely, but what are your thoughts?

P.S. My moneys on the spy.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Since he's the closest thing to a main character (that you can see, anyway), we should play as Reginald van Wins...I'm sorry, "The Host."

In the end, it'll turn out the murderer was The Map, and Winslow must choose whether to report his one true love to the authorities, or hide the truth and continue his romance with a criminal. Very serious, dramatic stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    I really liked Noir Sam as the investigator back in Telltale's Make a Scene demonstration. That being said, Tethers and Winslow would be awesome to have as main characters, too.

Maybe it should continue with the faceless Player as the main character? I think it'd be cool if you could choose a "partner" each mystery that would affect dialogue or those involved. Like Clue! But not really.
  • edited December 2010
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    I really liked Noir Sam as the investigator back in Telltale's Make a Scene demonstration. That being said, Tethers and Winslow would be awesome to have as main characters, too.

Maybe it should continue with the faceless Player as the main character? I think it'd be cool if you could choose a "partner" each mystery that would affect dialogue or those involved. Like Clue! But not really.

A first person adventure game? Sure why not.
  • edited December 2010
    it has to be the heavy,
    1. he distracted the crowd with his weapon
    2. when the lights came out, he shot the man in black with sasha

and here is an idea the man in black is a special guest who is going to try to help the club out
  • edited December 2010
    The murderer would be Homsar for obvious reasons.
  • edited December 2010
    The murderer would be Homsar for obvious reasons.

Homsar. In the bar. By shanking the Jengaship.

I have to say, though, that it'd be nice to see Gabe get a voice as well. Then he wouldn't have to feel left out.
  • edited December 2010
    it'll turn out the murderer was The Map.

Paper cuts = serious business
  • edited December 2010
    "Oww. I HATE paper cuts..." -- Larry, Leisure Suit Larry 7
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    "Oww. I HATE paper cuts..." -- Larry, Leisure Suit Larry 7

One of my favourite lines from a computer game. Anyways, back on topic...

@TTG: has there been any more development on a new At the Inventory episode or has it been put on the back burner until the Universal games wrap up?
  • edited December 2010
    I hope the guy who gets murderd is either a new charcter, I dont want any characters i know and love to die.

Of course who murders the person, can be anyone. But please it is clearly senior cardgage who murderd whoever.
  • edited December 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »

So we WERE playing with a velociraptor the whole time?!

And we told pepsiboy he couldn't have any dinosaurs in his dream poker! Lolface.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    The award for getting away as the murderer (if that's even an option) is that character's head as a Team Fortress 2 hat, calling it now.

You are now imagining your favorite characters beheaded and worn on heads.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I hope the guy who gets murderd is either a new charcter, I dont want any characters i know and love to die.

Likely, it would be a psyche-out if that ever happened.

I'd like a game like this to pop up, sometime - if the Inventory's more or less a cross-over point for all the Telltale games (with the odd incorporation of Valve characters), it would be interesting to see where they went with it.

I'm happy with the Poker Night game as a standalone thing too, though. :)
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    Likely, it would be a psyche-out if that ever happened.

I'd like a game like this to pop up, sometime - if the Inventory's more or less a cross-over point for all the Telltale games (with the odd incorporation of Valve characters), it would be interesting to see where they went with it.

I'm happy with the Poker Night game as a standalone thing too, though. :)

Well it is more than telltale and valve there is also penny arcade. Oooh since tf2 and penny arcade charcters tend to murder eatchother, the game can go toward one of them, and then be someone like senior cardgage or something.
  • edited December 2010
    A "Clue" style mystery game would be fun for the "At The Inventory" series.
  • edited December 2010
    and still do puzzles and interrogate suspects
  • edited December 2010
    I'd like it if you were still the player but this time you can interact with the characters and interrogate them. I'd like allies to be nelson, sam or max, and maybe tycho. The victim should be someone from tf2 like a BLU spy or someone so some suspiciousness turn to heavy or some other guy from RED. Or it could be someone from HR although i would have a heart attack if that happened.
  • edited December 2010
    I think Homsar should be murdered cos he always comes back to life and would be funnny

"Homsar who murdered you?!?!
    "DAaAAaaAAaaAAaa I get my gravy at the soccer patch. Pshoooo!"
    "...Dammit"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.