Monkey Island returns to retail

from mcvuk.com

Telltale Games’ downloadable Tales of Monkey Island series will make the move to UK retail next year, courtesy of Lace Mamba Global.

The publisher has signed a new partnership with the renowned digital games developer that will see it handle the newest Monkey Island game collection in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

Telltale’s head of publishing James Lamorticelli told MCV: “The response to Monkey Island games over recent years has been tremendous. The series is particularly popular in the channels that Lace Mamba reaches.”

Tales of Monkey Island is an episodic series of point-and-click adventure games first released on PC and WiiWare in 2009.

A Collectors’ Edition of the series will be released for PC on March 25th, with bonus content and items. It will be the first retail release for a Monkey Island title since 2001’s Escape from Monkey Island.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    This will be a UK-only thing (after the Germany-only retail), or they plan to make something more Europe-wide (France, Spain, Italy...)

Edit:
    OK, I see: The publisher has signed a new partnership with the renowned digital games developer that will see it handle the newest Monkey Island game collection in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
    The question now is: English only, or they plan to localize it on other languages?
  • edited December 2010
    WOW!
    :D

That's awesome!
    I guess that means we can expect BTTF to be made retail later on too.
    Great to see Telltale doing this!
    :D

EDIT: Also, I wonder if the Special Editions will get retailed releases.
  • edited December 2010
    bonus content and items.... same stuff or new stuff do you think?
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    bonus content and items.... same stuff or new stuff do you think?

I'm guessing same stuff as the Collectors Edition that TellTale provided months ago on their store.
  • edited December 2010
    from mcvuk.com

Telltale Games’ downloadable Tales of Monkey Island series will make the move to UK retail next year, courtesy of Lace Mamba Global.

The publisher has signed a new partnership with the renowned digital games developer that will see it handle the newest Monkey Island game collection in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

Telltale’s head of publishing James Lamorticelli told MCV: “The response to Monkey Island games over recent years has been tremendous. The series is particularly popular in the channels that Lace Mamba reaches.”

Tales of Monkey Island is an episodic series of point-and-click adventure games first released on PC and WiiWare in 2009.

A Collectors’ Edition of the series will be released for PC on March 25th, with bonus content and items. It will be the first retail release for a Monkey Island title since 2001’s Escape from Monkey Island.

I will be looking into this if it is released in Australia
    I'm guessing same stuff as the Collectors Edition that TellTale provided months ago on their store.
    I seriously wouldn't mind a second one that I can buy in a store...
  • edited December 2010
    I seriously wouldn't mind a second one that I can buy in a store...

Yeah. I get the feeling that the second I see it I'll get it even though I already have the downloadable version, the ToMI DVD and all of them on wiiware. :p
  • edited December 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Yeah. I get the feeling that the second I see it I'll get it even though I already have the downloadable version, the ToMI DVD and all of them on wiiware. :p
    I will only do that if it has Spanish subtitles. If it's English only, no way.
  • edited December 2010
    I know it mentions PC but do you think they will also have retail wii version?
  • edited December 2010
    Oh yeah, a retail Wii version might be good to make up for the compression on WiiWare. Wouldn't say no to that.
  • edited December 2010
    WOuld love that. I don't have any of the episodes from wiiware, but ive heard that the compression makes them less notable than good ol' pc.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.