Manatees or Narwhals?

You know the fans are ready for another Monkey Island game when threads like these start popping up.

They were both seen and mentioned in 'Tales...' to some extent. Guybrush's ship was, of course called The Screaming Narwhal, there was a narwhal head hung on the wall in Club 41, and there was a narhwal in several of the 'I Wonder What Happens...'. And as for Manatees... well, they featured more heavily than pirates during the season. Heck, one was even a location for more than half an episode, and the other half of that episode took place in their... erm, mating grounds. So, which of these obese beasts is the best. The horn-y narwhals, or the horny manatees (sorry). Vote (and discuss, if you really want to)!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I cant choose between Narwhals and Manatees, the Manatee stomach environment in Lair aswell as the toy Manatee singing "a pirate i was meant to be" are 2 plusses for Manatee but then of course you have the screaming Narwhal and seeing the Narwhal in the IWWH, but one things for sure is those Vaycalian Sea Creatures are just to weird for me, are they guys? are they girls? who knows?

Edit: damn I chose the wrong thing, I meant to pick "I love them both too much to choose."
  • edited December 2010
    Is it possible for me to change my vote coz I chose the wrong option.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't think so, but we can ask someone who was originally going to vote for the Sea Creatures if they would instead choose "I love them both". That way it sort of evens things out, at least...
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, That'll work
  • edited December 2010
    Done. I have a mini tiny little preference for Narwhals and I picked "I love them both too much to choose."
  • edited December 2010
    That still leaves the sea creatures with one more vote than is deserved, but... eh, it will suffice :).
  • edited December 2010
    Manatees! Not only because of the obvious reasons... The mechanical Manatee in EMI, the singing manatee on Roe Island and their appearance in an old Sam&Max comic book I really liked.
    But on the other hand there was a lovely Narwal in one of the Futurama DVDs...

Heck, who am I kidding?! I love them both!
  • edited December 2010
    What's the best mammal in the ocean? The Narwhal, of course.

While Manatees are quite ugly. (so very ugly)
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    While Manatees are quite ugly. (so very ugly)

Totally agree lol
  • edited December 2010
    But Narhals are freaking deadly!
  • edited December 2010
    I beat you to it there, OzzieMonkey
  • edited January 2011
    Why can't I vote "Cookies"?! This poll is rigged!
  • edited January 2011
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    Why can't I vote "Cookies"?! This poll is rigged!

We all know that the 'cookies' option would have dominated. I wanted to give the others a fair go, man.
  • edited January 2011
    Narwhal, because manatees aren't mentioned in "Rock Lobster" by the B-52's
Sign in to comment in this discussion.