Sam And Max Fan Game

edited December 2010 in Sam & Max
So inspired by the monkey island fan game fans are making , me and jermy52 have decided to make a fan game for Sam and Max.

What we need:

background artists
sprite artists
story/dialog writers
music

and any other help is welcome
we also need voices so if theres anyone you want to voice post an audio sample in this thread and we will review it.

i made a chat room for the game which is always open. if you have any ideas about anything just write it there

we will be using ags to program it

good day

Comments

• edited December 2010
    will telltale let you use their materials for the game?
    it's a fun and nice idea, but you are doing a game with someone else character oO

I'm not really sure if you can do this

I can help with the story or the dialog part however
  • edited December 2010
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    will telltale let you use their materials for the game?
    it's a fun and nice idea, but you are doing a game with someone else character oO

I'm not really sure if you can do this

I can help with the story or the dialog part however

great we really need writers

and about the rights thing i am pretty sure you can use the characters as long as you don't make any money off of it
  • edited December 2010
    I'm up for this!!! I'd like to audition for Max:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI80QJQS
  • edited December 2010
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    I'm up for this!!! I'd like to audition for Max:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI80QJQS

wow sounds great! You're definitely getting max
  • edited December 2010
    wow sounds great! You're definitely getting max

YAAAY!!!! I'll start getting into character!! Anyone got a can of cheap beer? I gotta brush up on my Fizzball.
  • edited December 2010
    nice to see that this project is starting to take shape. I can help with some of the writing. what kind of plot are we going for exactly?
  • edited December 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    nice to see that this project is starting to take shape. I can help with some of the writing. what kind of plot are we going for exactly?

well i have very vague ideas. I want the game to be about the length of 3 ttg episodes and i want the puzzles to be as hard as old adventure games.

Btw for anyone interested in auditioning for SAM, we are looking for a more of hit the road sounding SAM then ttgs sounding SAM.
  • edited December 2010
    well i have very vague ideas. I want the game to be about the length of 3 ttg episodes and i want the puzzles to be as hard as old adventure games.

Btw for anyone interested in auditioning for SAM, we are looking for a more of hit the road sounding SAM then ttgs sounding SAM.

oops...do I still get the part?
  • edited December 2010
    oops...do I still get the part?

yeah thats just for sam
  • edited December 2010
    yeah thats just for sam

kk, just making sure
  • edited December 2010
    cool wud like to get involved with this. Will make up some sample art for you to see. Wud like to get involved with graphics, puzzle and script writing if that is possible. Will have to put some stuff together. Wud help if i knew more about where you would like to go with this game. Eg story, characters, locations, etc
  • edited December 2010
    Chidgos wrote: »
    cool wud like to get involved with this. Will make up some sample art for you to see. Wud like to get involved with graphics, puzzle and script writing if that is possible. Will have to put some stuff together. Wud help if i knew more about where you would like to go with this game. Eg story, characters, locations, etc

wow we could really use you if you can help out with all that stuff. as for the plot we don't really have a story yet and are open to any ides anyone might have. If you have a plot idea please tell us
  • edited December 2010
    ok, here's are some elements to a story: I haven't actually come up with a plot but here are some stuff that could be useful for a story

a) It should involve Sam & Max trying to solve a murder mystery in a musky swamp

b) Mack Salmon should be involved in some way
  • edited December 2010

i kind of like this idea. Mack Salmon is way to underused
  • edited December 2010
    ok, here's are some elements to a story: I haven't actually come up with a plot but here are some stuff that could be useful for a story

a) It should involve Sam & Max trying to solve a murder mystery in a musky swamp

someone needs to write a basic plot outline using the given info. do not include dialog or puzzles.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm actually started to think about something, but first I want to know if the game must follow the story of the last telltale episode or just bring in the fun of a new story without particular attention on what happened to Max.

However I can try to make the voice for some new original character we are gonna make for the story, but I'm not good enough to play Sam or Max.

monkeyhead, have you seen this engine?
    http://dead-code.org/home/ I think is better than the old ags.

Have you find someone to make the music allready? bacause I think to know the right person.

We should talk on online chat sometimes, good ideas come when we are together, someone have messenger?
  • edited December 2010
    That engine is looking better than AGS. Yeah my addy is lloyd_chidgey@live.co.uk
  • edited December 2010
    I'm actually started to think about something, but first I want to know if the game must follow the story of the last telltale episode or just bring in the fun of a new story without particular attention on what happened to Max.

However I can try to make the voice for some new original character we are gonna make for the story, but I'm not good enough to play Sam or Max.

monkeyhead, have you seen this engine?
    http://dead-code.org/home/ I think is better than the old ags.

Have you find someone to make the music allready? bacause I think to know the right person.

We should talk on online chat sometimes, good ideas come when we are together, someone have messenger?

the story doesn't really have to follow anything from any other games
    we do still need a music person and i will try out that engine you suggested
  • edited December 2010
    i'm pretty good at art so i can help with the backgrounds if you need
  • edited December 2010
    the story doesn't really have to follow anything from any other games
    we do still need a music person and i will try out that engine you suggested

Ok, if you like to talk about the story here is my messenger: hyper_sonic220@hotmail.com
  • edited December 2010
    I could pitch in a few artworks, myself. Backgrounds and character concepts, mainly, if this thing really takes off.
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    I could pitch in a few artworks, myself. Backgrounds and character concepts, mainly, if this thing really takes off.

that would be great we need as many artists as possible
  • edited December 2010
    i started a chatroom to chat about the plot and other things

http://www.chatzy.com/783786017687
  • edited December 2010
    If I could suggest making it a road trip game .... It was a lot of the charm of the Lucasarts game...
  • edited December 2010
    I can compose music/improvise jazz!

Check out my rendition of Dino Bungee from Sam & Max!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJT7b6eVRk
  • edited December 2010
    I can compose music/improvise jazz!

Check out my rendition of Dino Bungee from Sam & Max!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJT7b6eVRk

sounds amazing! definitely like to have you score this game
  • edited December 2010
    SaMConcept-1.jpg

Posted this in chat, but yeah... quick drawing of the protagonists. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    sounds amazing! definitely like to have you score this game

Thanks! I can't wait to compose the score! Love jazz composition/improvisiation! Sent email/contact info via PM.
  • edited December 2010
    What kind of graphics style are you going to use?
  • edited December 2010
    Right now, it looks like they'll be using sprites.
  • edited December 2010
    Has anybody actually made any assets yet then?
  • edited December 2010
    another chat session for anyone who wants to talk about the game http://www.chatzy.com/783786017687
  • edited December 2010
    I could do some writing. Maybe animating if it's 2D.
  • edited December 2010
    Once I figure out how to record audio, can I audition for sam?
  • edited December 2010
    Once I figure out how to record audio, can I audition for sam?

please! we really really need a sam
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah this could be a fun little passtime for me I can edit sprites and do some background stuff and the easy boring jobs noone want to so I can do those too.
    Also I can't really do a voice for someone else but I cna voice background characters and stuff

here is a little sprite work I did a while ago nothing I put too much effort into mainly editing other sprites
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFrQPblYE4

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/democ.gif/
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    If I could suggest making it a road trip game .... It was a lot of the charm of the Lucasarts game...

I really like the sound of this idea. Question is where are they going to? Ill do some brainstorming then come back with some ideas. See what you think isnt it.
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    SaMConcept-1.jpg

Posted this in chat, but yeah... quick drawing of the protagonists. ;)

Any chance you could draw both of these characters at front, back and 2/3 views so that i could make the character sprites and some animations like walking cycles and so on. Make sure you upload at a high res just in case. If you could do this for me it would be very much appreciated.
  • edited December 2010
    Chidgos wrote: »
    I really like the sound of this idea. Question is where are they going to? Ill do some brainstorming then come back with some ideas. See what you think isnt it.

We can follow the line of the comic episode: freelance police on the road
    Sam & Max are called from the commissioner that suggest them to take a break from their work of freelance police, Sam suggest a road trip.
    (At this point the scene where Max says: DEATH FROM ABOVE AIEEEEE would be awesome)
    After a quick visit to the store, they take the desoto and visit different places where they solve little different cases.

the cases should be different from the comic, but we can use that story as a start. What are the most common places that sam & max will visit in a road trip?
    The museum of most useless pieces of crap?
    Place of the World's Largest Burger?
    Glenn Goode's Big People?
    Las Vegas?
    Stinky's?

We can start by thinking about some places and what can became something of potentially funny

My other idea was something like sam & max called at the court because of their brutal and sadistic act against people and the law. They will be sent back to a "Freelance Police" academy to have back their badge.
  • edited December 2010
    We can follow the line of the comic episode: freelance police on the road
    Sam & Max are called from the commissioner that suggest them to take a break from their work of freelance police, Sam suggest a road trip.
    (At this point the scene where Max says: DEATH FROM ABOVE AIEEEEE would be awesome)
    After a quick visit to the store, they take the desoto and visit different places where they solve little different cases.

the cases should be different from the comic, but we can use that story as a start. What are the most common places that sam & max will visit in a road trip?
    The museum of most useless pieces of crap?
    Place of the World's Largest Burger?
    Glenn Goode's Big People?
    Las Vegas?
    Stinky's?

We can start by thinking about some places and what can became something of potentially funny

My other idea was something like sam & max called at the court because of their brutal and sadistic act against people and the law. They will be sent back to a "Freelance Police" academy to have back their badge.

Wow both great ideas. Hollywood could also be a fun place for them to go.
    They could even go on a sort of round the world trip. People always find foreign people funny "no offence (but then i suppose i could be a foreigner to you hehe)" . I also think using different countries opens up the opportunity to have a varied and wide range of puzzles, adventures and humour.

Loving the "Freelance Police Academy" idea too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.