When you buy this for PC, can you also DL it on PSN?

I'm really curious to see what the trophies would be! Seems fair, seeing that its the same game and all...:D

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Of course you can get it for both systems.

You'll still have to pay for both versions, of course. :p
  • edited December 2010
    Want an official response.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    When you buy it on PC, Mac is the only other platform you can play it on for no additional money.
    Since Sony takes its cut of every PSN purchase, I don't see how making it available for free for PC buyers would be fair to Telltale.
    I might not work for Telltale, but I can guarantee you that that will be the official response.
  • edited December 2010
    You won't get an official response until tomorrow anyways.
  • edited December 2010
    Will a mod response do?

If you buy it direct from Telltale, you can download it for PC and/or Mac.

If you want to play it on PS3 you need to buy it from the PSN store.
  • edited December 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Will a mod response do?

If you buy it direct from Telltale, you can download it for PC and/or Mac.

If you want to play it on PS3 you need to buy it from the PSN store.

Correct.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks. Will the PC version have a reward system similar to the PS3 version?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    No. Need an official answer for that? :D
  • edited December 2010
    Yes. You're a good guesser/moderator but i want an official no or yes.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, I'm just guessing, but... since there will be a Steam version, maybe it would have Steam achievements...
  • edited December 2010
    Maybe those who preorder could get a Steam code... That would make some difference with the people that buy the game after release and maybe could help to calm down the "oh, they stole me 5 bucks!!!" controversy...

Just some ideas...:D
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, I'm just guessing, but... since there will be a Steam version, maybe it would have Steam achievements...

Somehow I doubt it. Despite every non-CSI Telltale game being on Steam and most of these having trophies/achievements already due to being on the PS3/Xbox 360, the only Telltale game to have Steam achievements so far is Poker Night, and that's because they needed achievements to give players the TF2 items.
  • edited December 2010
    Somehow I doubt it. Despite every non-CSI Telltale game being on Steam and most of these having trophies/achievements already due to being on the PS3/Xbox 360, the only Telltale game to have Steam achievements so far is Poker Night, and that's because they needed achievements to give players the TF2 items.

The only one of those that came out simultaneously with the PC version on the Console was Sam and Max, as WaG wasn't on Steam for a bit much like SBCG4AP. However, I believe reading something about how they plan to mess around a abit more with Steamworks after Poker Night.
  • edited December 2010
    Would be nice to see Steamworks support added to the PC/Mac games, but I'd rather see Telltale create their own achievement support, so people who bought directly from them, too, can have those activities. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Of course I'd buy it on PS3, up to now I have 100% of the Trophies of every Telltale PSN release, so I'm not looking to give that up :)
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks. Will the PC version have a reward system similar to the PS3 version?

No plans at the moment.
  • edited December 2010
    I still think an ingame "have you tried?" list would be awesome (not really achievements).

All descriptions locked until you completed the game once (although they would be achieved if you met the prerequisites obviously even in your first game).
    Those Sam and Max lists are nice, but it's a little hard to keep alt/tabbing or printing it or other methods to do that...
  • edited December 2010
    I'm going to throw out a crazy idea.... what if there was a special deal for those who want it on both PC and PS3? Which would be cheaper than buying both versions. Just saying, it could save Christmas for a select few of us ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Yes, it's coming. Just not till early 2011. Same with iPad.
    It is weird, though, that they only removed the PSN logo from the page, and not the iPad.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm going to throw out a crazy idea.... what if there was a special deal for those who want it on both PC and PS3?
    Not going to happen.
    That's like asking Sony and Microsoft to team up on a mutual PS3/X-Box 360 deal...
  • edited December 2010
    I'm really curious to see what the trophies would be! Seems fair, seeing that its the same game and all...:D

No way, while I agree, in a perfect world the customer should not have to pay twice for the software, this certainly isn't one.

Also, considering how good of customer service Tell Tale has, I don't think anyone can get on their case about being unethical for making you pay twice. It would be nice to get a free pass, but when was the last time ANY company did that?

Telltale put a lot of time, effort, and money to get this game up, and they intend to make it all back and then some.

Personally, I am so excited for this game I don't mind, and there are so many companies with way less sense of ethics (Microsoft, Comcast) and so many games that suffer (look at Black Ops) because of being rushed or greedy publishers, it's actually a breath of fresh air to see a company like Telltale truly care about what they were doing.

Even if they only charged us once, I wouldn't feel right paying $24.95 for the game on two systems, when other companies are getting away making $60 a game for a buggy POS.

Telltale does it right, let's not nitpick on whether it is free or not.

I didn't read the whole thread so maybe a Telltale employee got back to you, but you shouldn't need this, common sense should tell you that this is America: "of course it isn't free".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.