Homestar Add on

I think there should be add on's where you can bring in an extra player or a replacement player. You could charge a few dollars for each one, and it brings with them some new dialog, actions etc.

I'd like to see:
a) Homestar Runner
b) Homsar or StrongSad (Either could be hilarious)
c) Nelson Tethers
d) Murray, the all powerful talking demonic skull - who was severely underused in ToMI
e) Doc Brown

Anyway, I guess if I had to pick one, I'd narrowly go for Murray over Homestar but it's a tough pick.

Anyone else got characters they think should be added as a purchasable add on?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I do not think it would be likely to use MI characters but come one Guybrush would be awesome to have at the table.... Or Morgan.
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I do not think it would be likely to use MI characters but come one Guybrush would be awesome to have at the table.... Or Morgan.

Oh god, Morgan and Tycho at the same table?
  • edited December 2010
    Fanboy vs Fangirl..
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah I played Poker Night then ToMI and didn't see why they didn't use Guybrush or Morgan is it issues with LucasArt
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah I imagine their deal with Lucasarts didn't include using them in other games... I think they got as close as they could by re-dressing the winslow model and giving him the same voice actor... and giving him the generic name "the host"
  • edited December 2010
    I imagine it would be difficult getting coversations for all the characters. I mean keep in mind, each character addition, the number of conversations they need to have goes up exponentially.
    4 characters: 6 two-way convo types
    5 characters: 10 two-way convo types
    6 characters: 15 two-way convo types
    This isn't even counting the three-way conversations.
  • edited December 2010
    This would be extraordinarily difficult.

1. Securing the rights to use a character from (insert work here), unless they want to just stick to Sam and Max/Homestar Runner/TF2/Penny Arcade characters.

2. Making a model for that character, although Telltale has plenty of models they can reuse, like they did with Max and Strong Bad. (The Heavy is technically a reused model, although they had to modify it to work in the Telltale Tool.)

3. Getting a voice actor to record lines for that character.

4. Getting William Kasten, Matt Chapman, Gary Schwartz, and Kid Beyond all back to record lines, because this new character would be no fun if the other characters weren't having conversations with him.

5. Most likely getting Matt, Mike, and Jerry back to help with writing the new lines for Strong Bad and Tycho. (Anyone know how involved Steve Purcell and Robin Walker were with this game? Matt, Mike, and Jerry were all credited for "Additional Writing," though.)

If Telltale wants to go through the work to add even a single new character, they'll most likely just make a sequel, not an update.
  • edited December 2010
    I see it more likely that they pull a L4D2 and make an entire new game with the characters for the same price.
  • edited December 2010
    PSI Guy wrote: »
    I see it more likely that they pull a L4D2 and make an entire new game with the characters for the same price.

Yeah, but it would be wierd for it to be another poker game, they have 2 out already.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah, but it would be wierd for it to be another poker game, they have 2 out already.

But there needs to be at least 10000000 more, it's not like telltale have a specific genre they use for every game they make.;)
  • edited December 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    But there needs to be at least 10000000 more, it's not like telltale have a specific genre they use for every game they make.;)

True but those are adventure games, which can have more games of.
    Poker games, just seems wierd to have multiple of.
    If each one in this series are of other things like clue like game(murder at the inventroy) or something then fine, but another poker game just seems odd.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    True but those are adventure games, which can have more games of.
    Poker games, just seems wierd to have multiple of.
    If each one in this series are of other things like clue like game(murder at the inventroy) or something then fine, but another poker game just seems odd.

Gin at the Inventory!! Or, Old Maid at the Inventory! Or Black Jack at the Inventory! Anything? No? Well it was worth a shot.
  • edited December 2010
    How would Murray be able to turn over his cards?!
  • edited December 2010
    How would Murray be able to turn over his cards?!

with is ''evil power''
  • edited December 2010
    Timmy Two Teeth would also be good.
  • edited December 2010
    Frankly, I'm so suprised that no one is asking for any characters from Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. (though they most likely don't have the rights anymore) Personally, not counting Wallace or Gromit (the ultimate poker face), I'd like to see either Major Crum or Duncan McBiscut try a few hands. I'd love to hear some more of Crum's 'War Stories' or Duncan's ramblings with the other guys.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.