Insecticide

WOW, I'm glad to see other games coming out by ex-LEC people!!!
This Insecticide looks VERY interesting, and its style reminds me of Psychonauts somehow!:D
Another masterpiece about to see the light of day?

Comments

• edited February 2007
    http://www.insecticidethegame.com/

Yeh, i'll be keeping my eye on it.
  • edited February 2007
    Yeah, and even Grossman's got a hand in it! (albeit only at the beginning stages when he was pre-Telltale)
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
  • edited February 2007
    I just came here to ask if you may know who's in on the team of the people we love and cherish and such -- when lo and behold, there's this thread!

So who're the ex LEC people involved?

On a related note, what is Ron Gilbert doing, other than blogging grumpily about games, politics, art, dorkdom and suchlike?
  • edited February 2007
    Kingsley wrote: »
    On a related note, what is Ron Gilbert doing, other than blogging grumpily about games, politics, art, dorkdom and suchlike?

Playing World of Warcraft.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
    So who're the ex LEC people involved?

Mike Levine and:
    The announcement suggests that more than one industry veteran is involved. Who else is on the team?

I can announce here for the first time that Larry Ahern, lead designer of The Curse of Monkey Island and lead artist/animator on games such as Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Sam & Max Hit the Road, is co-lead designer and art director of Insecticide. In addition, Peter Chan has done the bulk of the concept work for this game and been a huge influence who I cannot credit enough. Dave Grossman also worked with us in the early days to develop the characters and the world. Jacob Stephens, who worked with us at Lucas then worked at Nihilistic, is our lead level designer and our real secret weapon on the project. Everybody involved deserves tremendous credit. This has truly been a team effort. Many other LucasArts vets are also involved, including Anson Jew (concept art), Peter McConnell (music), Julian Kwasneski (Sound FX) and others.
  • edited February 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    Mike Levine and:

I read Marek's article after I posted...
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
    There's a boatload of them (Ex-LA guys), isn't there? :D
  • edited February 2007
    Ahern, Chan, McConnell -- all have me beyond stoked.
  • edited February 2007
    Heh. It's almost like that scene in Mulan with the entire Japanese army is buried under an avalanche, but some survive and smash their way to the surface before making a final assault on the emperor. Just replace the bad guys with adventure game developers, and the emperor with the gaming industry, and it's the exact same story!
  • edited February 2007
    I think the Japanese Hun army loses in the end.
  • edited February 2007
    Could it be any more true to life than that?

I think not.
  • edited February 2007
    Peter Chan is one of my heroes ever since I saw a particular Grim Fandango sketch.

Also, I'm a sucker for detectives. Especially those 80's buddy style movies. 24 Hours, for example. I hope it'll be something like that.

--Erwin
  • edited February 2007
    numble wrote: »
    I think the Japanese Hun army loses in the end.

Would you bet on Mulan against Tim Schafer?
  • edited February 2007
    I'll keep an eye on this for sure.
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, and even Grossman's got a hand in it! (albeit only at the beginning stages when he was pre-Telltale)

I'm glad this is finally announced - it was something Mike Levine and I started in order to amuse ourselves in the lulls between projects, and others like Larry and Peter quickly jumped in. I was still involved with it when I first joined Telltale and was only coming in part-time. Mike has taken it a long way since then and most of my early game design efforts have probably changed, but it looks like a lot of the character and story stuff is still in there. Which makes me happy.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    the game's concept art shows the heroine in a very "Jade"esque pose from Beyond Good and Evil. In fact, the concept art and music track all feel very BGE. Kinda looks like it was supposed to be a farce with that bug who resembles PeyJ. But I'm sure the games are completely different.
  • edited June 2007
    I don't know if its because I'm a huge film noir fan..the animation and art direction is superb..or because ex-lucasarts employees are involved but this game looks incredible! check the trailer here

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4409.html
  • edited July 2007
    Not bad. I have got to play this game when it is released. And I'm pretty much impressed at how many ex-LA employees are now parts of new sucessful companies.
    Playing World of Warcraft.

I took a look at Wiki, that's not all he does. Apparently he is collaborating with a game company on some webcomic based game. Also it is rumored that the true secret of Monkey Island hasn't been revealed yet, could mean there could possibly be Monkey Island 5.
  • edited July 2007
    the "webcomic based game" is the Penny Arcade game, for those of you who don't know.
  • edited July 2007
    Melcadrien wrote: »
    I took a look at Wiki, that's not all he does. Apparently he is collaborating with a game company on some webcomic based game.
    It's the Penny Arcade game. Can't say I'm a big fan of the comic, so I'll have to pass on that one though. I think he's their advisor or something.

EDIT: Erk, tabacco beat me.
    Melcadrien wrote: »
    Also it is rumored that the true secret of Monkey Island hasn't been revealed yet, could mean there could possibly be Monkey Island 5.
    More likely "Monkey Island 3a: The Secret Revealed or Your Money Back". That really depends on whether Ron or someone willing to let Ron have something to do with the game manages to buy the rights to the Monkey Island series.

I think Ron mentioned in his blog that he had the secret in his head all along, and that the giant monkey robot was definitely not it. And Monkey Island was only ever meant to be a trilogy and had a definite ending.

CMI (much as I loved it, seeing as it was the one that got me into the series and point and click games in general) was not Gilbert's Monkey Island 3.
  • edited July 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    CMI (much as I loved it, seeing as it was the one that got me into the series and point and click games in general) was not Gilbert's Monkey Island 3.
    No, I think it was American McGee's Monkey Island 3, wasn't it?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I would love to play American McGee's Monkey Island 3. Maybe it can be the ultimate GameTap crossover game. "The reinterpretation of the sequel to those games that the designer of Sam & Max was a writer on, as directed by the guy who is doing those Grimm fairytales games for us. Coming Soon.*

* Available as part of GameTap Gold service only. Not available for Macintosh."
  • edited July 2007
    I dunno, Jake. Doesn't sound edgy enough. I was thinking of something like "Crazy Taxi", except it's crazy.
  • edited July 2007
    Chuck wrote: »
    I was thinking of something like "Crazy Taxi", except it's crazy.

:D:D:D:D
  • edited February 2008
    Just found out about this game, seems like it should be releasing soon but I can't find much info on it. Anybody know anything? Really like the Psychonauts/Grim Fandango vibe going on in the website.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    You can find lots of news and interviews about it here, here, and here.
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks Jake, the game sounds like it should be good. Now I just have to find the time to play it, and find the time to play Psychonauts, and fine the time to play....
  • edited March 2008
    Looks cool, but I'm still more excited about Brutal Legend.
  • edited March 2008
    Well, given the fact that one is coming out this month and one is coming out in November, and one has lots of information about it and one has almost none, I think you can do both pretty easily.
  • edited March 2008
    looks intriguing...
  • edited March 2008
    For some reazon when i read the title I thought about an insect who commits suicide XD.. I need to go to sleep
Sign in to comment in this discussion.