Microsoft...

has created a problem for Telltale. Transcripted from the new episode of "Sent U a Message" on the Inside Xbox channel of the Xbox Dashboard:
The Hosts wrote:
"Now, bit of an oddball this, as we've seen some of Telltale's games like Sam & Max amd Wallace and Gromit appear on Xbox LIVE Arcade, while some others like Tales of Monkey Island and apperently Back to the Future are conspicuos by their absence. "And, we contacted Telltale to find out what the situation is, it seems they are keen to bring Back to the Future to XBLA if the interest is there.."

Seems normal so far, but then:
The Hosts wrote:
"So, to that end, if you want to see Back to the Future on XBLA, you should let them know. We would like to see this on XBLA ourselves, so if you want to comment on this over on our Facebook page, we can ford your feedback directly on to Telltale."

But, if this thread is any indication, they will start to flood the forums instead of going through the aforementioned FB page. I hope this does not happen.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    i think the Xbox 360 owners would love to see BTTF on Arcade...I know I would ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I would too! :)
  • edited December 2010
    +1

I'd love to see this on the 360, but I guess I'll be playing this one on my Mac.
    I'll probably check out the PS3 version when it comes.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale said on Twitter that this is 100% completely inaccurate.
  • edited December 2010
    Telltale said on Twitter that this is 100% completely inaccurate.

The Sent U A Message guys tend to be pretty good, often visiting the developers on their show. I don't see why would lie about it, if anything.. sounds like Miscommunication. If nothing else, all these topics and posts clearly show there is an interest. It would at least help if they would give some straight forward answer as to why it hasn't/isn't happening.

Constantly bashing people for wanting to play a game on a particular platform clearly isn't helping anything. :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2010
    i know i would buy the game again if i could get it on xbla....

maybe there will be hope after all the episodes have been released.

:)
  • edited December 2010
    i know i would buy the game again if i could get it on xbla....

maybe there will be hope after all the episodes have been released.

:)

Well that was how sam and max was released.
  • edited December 2010
    I thought TellTale fell out with Microsoft on how they handled releases of Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit, apparently reviews weren't that good and there were reports of some framerate issues, plus prices for the seasons was shocking with it been 1600 MS points should have been 1200.
  • edited December 2010
    I would love to see this one the 360, especially since I don't own a PS3, sigh, but for now I got to settle for the small screen, IE my computer.

Oh well, probably for the better since I can't LP a 360 game anyways.
  • edited December 2010
    The Sent U A Message guys tend to be pretty good, often visiting the developers on their show. I don't see why would lie about it, if anything.. sounds like Miscommunication. If nothing else, all these topics and posts clearly show there is an interest. It would at least help if they would give some straight forward answer as to why it hasn't/isn't happening.

Constantly bashing people for wanting to play a game on a particular platform clearly isn't helping anything

Yeah sure, why would Telltale decide to make more money ?

Oh wait ! Why would THEY lie ? ...

Episodic game on Xbox live = fail. So maybe the full game (all episodes) will be released at the end.
  • edited December 2010
    The Doc wrote: »
    i think the Xbox 360 owners would love to see BTTF on Arcade...I know I would ;)

Well maybe if Microsoft wasn't so selfish and greedy, you would. It's a shame the honest (possibly ignorant) Xbox fan can't get a great game because the company that makes their system is one of the greediest, selfish, organizations on earth.

Don't believe me? Well, that's your problem too actually. If I were Telltale, I wouldn't release on a Microsoft console unless they agreed to give me an over 50% share in their stock.
  • edited December 2010
    Goatman455 wrote: »
    Well maybe if Microsoft wasn't so selfish and greedy, you would. It's a shame the honest (possibly ignorant) Xbox fan can't get a great game because the company that makes their system is one of the greediest, selfish, organizations on earth.

Don't believe me? Well, that's your problem too actually. If I were Telltale, I wouldn't release on a Microsoft console unless they agreed to give me an over 50% share in their stock.

So Activision was going to put this game on XBLA?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.