This game can't possibly disappoint

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
It it set up to be completely canonical with the end of the Back to the Future series, correct?

This is sure to satisfy many fans.

I know I'll love it.

One thing makes me confused though.

The game is released monthly, yet the second episode comes out in February, then the games start releasing monthly afterward.

What happens in January?

Also, Office hours?

Where we're going, we don't need office hours...:cool:

Comments

• edited December 2010
    im predicting january will be just the time they spend hyping up jurassic park
  • edited December 2010
    MY assumption

is that since the game came out so late in the month

that they took January off, to release the next episode in the early months of February.

So it'll be like we are waiting a month for the next episode.

Thats my take!
  • edited December 2010
    Oh but it CAN totally disappoint :

- Not enough time travel

- Not enough of the characters we loved in the movies (since they don't exist in 1931)

- A simple retelling of the movies ? (by trying too hard to stay close it's almost the same setting...)

- Denying that the Future is an important part (bla bla "past is more interesting", no it's not)
  • edited December 2010
    Strayth wrote: »

- A simple retelling of the movies ? (by trying too hard to stay close it's almost the same setting...)

That right there. It's not a simple retelling at all. It's after Back to the Future Part Three.

Sure, it may be trying to stay close, but if it was TOO far out there, it wouldn't be believable.
  • edited December 2010

- Not enough time travel

- Not enough of the characters we loved in the movies (since they don't exist in 1931)

- Denying that the Future is an important part (bla bla "past is more interesting", no it's not)

Well according to the reviews, the game is excellent and stays at the perfect angle of staying close and staying fresh.
  • edited December 2010
    im predicting january will be just the time they spend hyping up jurassic park

My guess as well
  • edited December 2010
    Not enough time travel? You mean the 3 times the DeLorean traveled through time (at the very beginning and the very end) in the first movie was a lot? In BTTF3 it was only 2 times.
  • edited December 2010
    They usually do it this way - gap between first and second episode is longer than the other gaps. This is probably because they prefer having a bit more time to work out getting rid of bugs and other problems with their engine based on customer feedback from the first episode.

After they have one episode out, it's safe to assume that most of the problems with the engine become clear, so additional extra time isn't needed.

I could be wrong though.
  • edited December 2010
    I wonder if we're gonna see things change in the future like in Day of the Tentacle, where you in the past change something in a big way and the game for a moment shows the future.
  • edited December 2010
    I mean TTG could take the Sam and Max hate. They also handled the Monkey Island hate very well. But BTTF ? This is gonna be heavy.
  • edited December 2010
    Not enough time travel? You mean the 3 times the DeLorean traveled through time (at the very beginning and the very end) in the first movie was a lot? In BTTF3 it was only 2 times.

Are they making a movie ? No they're making a game. If they just wanted fun characters they could have picked any other movie. If people always wanted a good BTTF game, it was because of... tadadaaaah : TIME TRAVEL.

By trying to create a similar plot (Marty meets a fatherly figure that is the same age as he is, and is not the way he thought he was ! Oh and the McFly is this time era is being bullied by a Tannen ! How original !), and by limiting time travel (and part 3 is the least favorite movie out of the three, probably because it followed such a time travel heavy part 2) I'm affraid it could very well be disappointing.

If the game is excellent then, good for us. I'm not gonna spit on it if everything feels right !

But I'm also concerned it might feel a little forced. So let's wait and see, huh ?
  • edited December 2010
    Are they making a movie ? No they're making a game. If they just wanted fun characters they could have picked any other movie. If people always wanted a good BTTF game, it was because of... tadadaaaah : TIME TRAVEL.

Well it is not about time travel my friend. It is about keeping the continuum stable and understanding mankind.
  • edited December 2010
    Well it is not about time travel my friend. It is about keeping the continuum stable and understanding mankind.

Understanding mankind by exploring time, his past, and his future. (what was interesting in the first 2 movies, was that the SAME characters were concerned and we got to see them at different places of their lives. Part 3 was just a western comedy. Meh. Who cares about Seamus, really ? "oh lol he looks like Marty", so interesting !)

Also, I thought they figured : "what the hell".

And let's not even bring up the train time machine.
  • edited December 2010
    Understanding mankind by exploring time, his past, and his future. (what was interesting in the first 2 movies, was that the SAME characters were concerned and we got to see them at different places of their lives. Part 3 was just a western comedy. Meh. Who cares about Seamus, really ? "oh lol he looks like Marty", so interesting !)

Also, I thought they figured : "what the hell".

And let's not even bring up the train time machine.

Let's see how they got that random bit out of the story for the game.
    Cuz I agree we wouldn't wanna go there.
  • edited December 2010
    First two questions I'm going to pop to Doc are:
    Where is your hideous wife?
    And that massive piece of traveling junk?
    (Also how come the delorian is back?) optional

Then again it is not like I did not like the third part.
  • edited December 2010
    Who cares about Seamus, really ?
    I do. :( Marty getting to meet his first ancestors in America is one of my favorite parts of BTTFIII. And it's Seamus' advice that finally gets Marty to stop reacting every time somebody calls him "chicken".
  • edited December 2010
    Its so that they can get the release date of the last episode to coincide with May 14
  • edited December 2010

BTTF is not about time travel. It's about the story that unfolds BECAUSE of the time travel. That goes for the games as well. I don't want to be traveling through time all the time. Takes away from the magic of the epic time traveling events.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.