Already downloaded It's About Time. Why is the game downloading again?

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
So, I already downloaded the Mac version. I launched the game & was presented with a Play button. I pressed that & it started to download something.

So, I tried to find out what it was downloading. I went to "Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/" and found a "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.05" folder. To my surprise, it was downloading "bttf_101_setup.app.zip" again. It seems a bit redundant, don't you think?

Any other Mac users having the same problem?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Same thing on pc. Although this is after a restart and reinstall after a couple lockups during intro.
  • edited December 2010
    I selected the german version and first it installed the english, then downloaded the german and installed that as well.

Now if I hit the "play now" button nothing happens... is that intended?
    How can I get this game to run... this is my first TTG Game that causes trouble.
  • edited December 2010
    It's broken for me too on mac. After i downloaded, unziped and started the game, it downloads the game again in the installation, stops at a 100% und restarts the download again.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm on a PC and this happened too. Downloaded it, pressed play in the launch screen, and it downloads again, and tries to install again, but fails. I try to restart the launch screen, but it's frozen now.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay got it fixed. I have to run the game as admin even with deactivated UAC. Strange but okay.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, the first time I played it, when it asked me to play now after installing, it worked, but for now when I hit play, it's redownloading something. Um wht?
    Okay got it fixed. I have to run the game as admin even with deactivated UAC. Strange but okay.

Dats a bit weird, but after reading your deal, I did it and it ran as well. Odd.
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    Does anyone know a fix for a Mac? Running the system as admin, and currently downloading the game again, this time from the launcher...
  • edited December 2010
    I'm redownloading the game from my "My Games" page this time. I hope I dont have to redownload it in the launcher this time. I promised myself I wouldnt whine and complain, but man I am pissed off.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm having the same problem, and it's fairly irritating.

Particularly since I wanted to run it through Steam, and I refuse to run Steam as admin.
  • edited December 2010
    This link works for me now :D

It extracted & launched without any issues :D
  • edited December 2010
    I £&%£@ing Give up! Paying $25 for a game that isn't even working!! Sorry, but failure Telltale...... This run as admin don't work, and now the initial download won't even open without crashing... I shouldn't even need to 'run as admin'. Every other telltale game has worked fine, but obviously something new has been added to this game package, and it's screwing things up
  • edited December 2010
    celebi23 wrote: »
    This link works for me now :D

It extracted & launched without any issues :D

I hope this works. Wait, isn't that the link for press copies ?????
    EDIT: Shit, it's the Mac version. Looks like back to square one for me.
  • edited December 2010
    Just set the exe file to run as admin, that fixes it.
  • edited December 2010
    Ashki wrote: »
    Yeah, the first time I played it, when it asked me to play now after installing, it worked, but for now when I hit play, it's redownloading something. Um wht?

Dats a bit weird, but after reading your deal, I did it and it ran as well. Odd.

This worked for me too, I uninstalled, re-install, restarted, nothing worked until I ran as admin. Strange..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.