LOL loved the poster....

Mod Edit: Weird Science Poster.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    LOL loved the poster....

I know, I want one to hang on my wall.
  • edited December 2010
    I was more partial to the lion cub picture ;).
  • edited December 2010
    Is it possible for us to get a nice HQ pic of the Weird Science poster? Was another of my favorite movies from my youth, and I LOVE the artwork done on this poster from what I could see of it in game.
  • edited December 2010
    tckol wrote: »
    Is it possible for us to get a nice HQ pic of the Weird Science poster? Was another of my favorite movies from my youth, and I LOVE the artwork done on this poster from what I could see of it in game.

It's just a Telltale-ified version of the official poster... but it would still sell. That and the Telltale-ified Frankenstein poster. Perhaps one or both could be included in a special edition pack or a 'case file' - or in this case, a 'time capsule'.
  • edited December 2010
    Does that poster in Marty's room mean we're getting a Weird Science game at some point, too? Or is that just misguided wishful thinking on my part?
  • edited December 2010
    And a Miami Vice game, and... ;)

(NB: Both Weird Science & Miami Vice were Universal productions, so just a nice piece of in-house 80s in-joking)
  • edited December 2010
    HQ versions of the posters WOULD be lovely... Any chance, Telltale? :)
  • edited December 2010
    HQ versions of the posters WOULD be lovely... Any chance, Telltale? :)

This..... I second this
  • edited December 2010
    Like proper adventure gamers we want to grab everything we see.
  • edited December 2010
    Indeed.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah.... bunch of kleptos
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah.... bunch of kleptos

As cool as the poster is though...I'd take a high quality image of the DeLorean in the Twin Pines Mall parking lot without the main menu. :p
  • edited December 2010
    As cool as the poster is though...I'd take a high quality image of the DeLorean in the Twin Pines Mall parking lot without the main menu. :p

That would make an awesome desktop background.
  • edited December 2010
    That would make an awesome desktop background.

Or poster....or both!
  • edited December 2010
    id buy the poster with that art style.. the frankenstein too.. since theyre universal properties, maybe something can be worked out.
  • edited December 2010
    (Probably mentioned elsewhere,but hey...) Marty even has a Sam & Max case file, judging by the moon greeting card. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah lucky guy has a time machine to go to a time that you can buy one....
  • edited December 2010
    I was rather startled to think Marty would like that movie. I expected a Cobra poster on his wall.
  • edited December 2010
    G.byrne wrote: »
    I was rather startled to think Marty would like that movie. I expected a Cobra poster on his wall.

Never mind. Cobra didn't come out in theaters until the end of May. Marty wouldn't have seen it yet.
  • edited December 2010
    Haha, yeah I noticed this too ... loved that movie :)
  • edited January 2011
    Just as a comparison:

25178977.jpg wsok.jpg

Though I don't know, why the text on the TTG-version is the same on both sides...
  • edited January 2011
    It's easy to get tired of typing.

Telltale's big-haired versions of the characters look a bit like Bill and Ted as well
  • edited January 2011
    probably just a typo... Its pretty easy to miss things like that while you are working on a tight deadline.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    What I find most interesting is that Ryan chose to change the angle of Lisa's collar bone on the left-hand side. Obviously, what works well in photography sometimes just looks massively strange in a drawn picture.

But that's one of those artist thingies. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    What I find most interesting is that Ryan chose to change the angle of Lisa's collar bone on the left-hand side. Obviously, what works well in photography sometimes just looks massively strange in a drawn picture.

But that's one of those artist thingies. ;)

Pretty much have to second this, esp. as an artist myself.

That said, I like the drawn version a bit better. Nice.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Just found this on the autumn society homepage. Thought you'd like it, artist is Dave Perillo.

WS2small.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Weird Science always kind of disgusted me. Ok Bill Paxton as the giant pile of #$#$@ ...really? Still makes me shudder. Its the only thing I can remember about that movie, other than it was popular in the 80s.

The poster is pretty awesome though.
  • edited February 2011
    Just found this on the autumn society homepage. Thought you'd like it, artist is Dave Perillo.
    I just LOVE that style! Reminds me of Shag... and also somewhat of "The Incredibles". And that font has also been used for Sam & Max:

902611-savetheworld_big_large.jpg
  • edited July 2012
    Any luck on this yet? I've been searching for high-res artwork of this, or at least a wallpaper, for like a year now!
  • edited July 2012
    Because they are common property, you can figure out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.