Bob Gale, Robert Zemekis Cameo

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Who else found it?:

Cameos.jpg

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I noticed that not to long ago. Great stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    Haha ... hope they dont comes after us for BTTF:HV ;-)
  • edited December 2010
    What's "Fine" a reference to?
  • edited December 2010
    The Three Stooges, perhaps?
  • edited December 2010
    i thought it had something to do with WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?
  • edited December 2010
    Why is bank of america scribbled out like that? I don't understand that.
  • edited December 2010
    It said Bank of Italy.

And yeah, who's "Fine"?
  • edited December 2010
    Tromeritus wrote: »
    It said Bank of Italy.

And yeah, who's "Fine"?

I guess that's what it was before it changed to America by the 50's in the first movie.
  • edited December 2010
    McDeezy wrote: »
    I guess that's what it was before it changed to America by the 50's in the first movie.

It seems that's true! Well done!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America#Bank_of_Italy

So who is "Fine"??
  • edited December 2010
    That's not a cameo, it's an easter egg. And I thought the sign said "Pine" not "Fine."
  • edited December 2010
    The Easter Eggs in this, are for the most part pretty obvious!
  • edited December 2010
    That's not a cameo, it's an easter egg. And I thought the sign said "Pine" not "Fine."

Put the subs on.
  • edited December 2010
    I took it as a Three Stooges reference. When you need a third guy to fill out a space, you name him after the middle stooge. Probably best exemplified with the cartoon classic "Pinky and the Brain and Larry".
  • edited December 2010
    Lord-z wrote: »
    I took it as a Three Stooges reference. When you need a third guy to fill out a space, you name him after the middle stooge. Probably best exemplified with the cartoon classic "Pinky and the Brain and Larry".

Ah, that also makes sense. Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    I *think* I've found another reference. Or two (?)

- Mrs Strickland has a cat whose name is "Prettywhiskers". Wasn't it the same name of some pirate's cat in Tales of Monkey Island?

- When Marty sets the date for his time travel, the "Last time departed" row starts flickering. A date in the year 2010 appears for a split second, possibly the release date of 12/22/2010 ? (too brief to read).
  • edited December 2010
    BrightSoul wrote: »
    - When Marty sets the date for his time travel, the "Last time departed" row starts flickering. A date in the year 2010 appears for a split second, possibly the release date of 12/22/2010 ? (too brief to read).

Do you mean this:

timecircuits.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I don't think anyone's mentioned my favorite reference yet...in Ms. Strickland's apartment, there's a shoutout to a certain BTTF3 deleted scene.
  • edited December 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    I don't think anyone's mentioned my favorite reference yet...in Ms. Strickland's apartment, there's a shoutout to a certain BTTF3 deleted scene.

Haha! Yes I saw that about Marshall Strickland, I also like how Marty's response is "That's not how I remember it"
  • edited December 2010
    There's also, in the stack of newspapers, one that says something about a...writer, I think...being attacked by zombies. (I just remember the zombies part.) It's not one Marty pulls out--it's seen when you're at a certain camera angle.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.