Cannot even reach the main menu

edited October 2005 in Game Support
Hey, just downloaded the new Bone installer and it installed with no problem. When loading up the game, it gives me the purchase game/continue free trial screen. Then when I continue the free trial, i get the splash screen for telltale games, but afterwards the window automatically minimizes itself. Whenever I try to open the window back up i hear music from the game for a couple second, but the screen goes black, and the window re-minimizes itself again.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• edited September 2005
    I'm much the same. Hear game running but black screen and an error message from my monitor saying input not supported. I have the new version 1.0.1. Never seen my monitor come up with an error message before. Perhaps you and i will share a solution - soon I hope.
  • edited September 2005
    Actually my problem sounds similar but different... I only hear the music for half a second while the screen is black, then it minimizes the window on my desktop. Instead of my monitor saying its not getting input, I just get my desktop back, and no matter how many times, and no matter what way I try to move back to the game, it still does the same thing...

I think im going to try updating my video drivers and see if that gets me anywhere... I haven't updated in a few months so that may help...
  • edited September 2005
    Alright, I got it to work. The problem was not the drivers, and I already had DX9.0c installed. It was the window mode problem. The only way I was able to get it in to windowed mode was with the work of some quick fingers.

After I booted the game up and it got to the main menu it minimized itself automatically like it had previously. I clicked on it on the menu bar, and as soon as I could hear music coming from my speakers I hit Alt Enter, which threw it into windowed mode. Then I just set windowed mode in the options menu.

Thanks for the hint, and I hope this helps other people out until this bug is fixed.
  • edited September 2005
    Well done. I'd looked only for the usual way to make a game run in a window, by right clicking on game icon, and then gave up. There must be an easier way but your 'trick' worked. I don't understand why it won't run full screen but happy to have it running at all. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • edited October 2005
    If it helps anyone, I solved my problem by using 'older' Nvidia drivers for my GeForce graphics card. Still don't understand the problem but at least it's sorted.
This discussion has been closed.