Problems with making Marty run...

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Hi Everyone

So I bought the game and it seems great so far. But I have a quick concern. When I travel to the past it says you can make Marty run by holding down the right mouse button.

Well when I hold down the right mouse button I dont see him running at all. He is still going about his usual slow pace.

Any help would be appreciated and I would know if this is happening to anyone else.

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Try holding down Shift while using the keyboard to move as an alternative. Marty seems to have a really, really, really wimpy run that kind of looks awkward. I'm not sure what happened with that, honestly. His run in this doesn't have the speed of the run for Sam or Guybrush.
  • edited December 2010
    He won't do it if you use WASD. He'll only do it if you walk with the mouse.

EDIT: Never mind. Thanks Dashing. That's one of those things that should be mentioned in the tutorial. :P
  • edited December 2010
    Same thing happened to me, dude. The game assumes you'll be using the mouse controls, where you hold down the left button and move the mouse in the direction you want to go, instead of the keyboard controls. If you're using keyboard controls, you need to hold down the shift key to run.

Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2010
    You actually have to hold down the left and right buttons at the same time to make him run. I'm pretty sure double clicking the left button and holding it down also works. If you're using WASD or the arrow keys to move Marty around, then shift makes him run.
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, Cheers guys ill try that out asap.

Thanks for the quick replies.
  • edited December 2010
    How do I get Marty to run? I obviously didn't read the instructions right, and then couldn't figure out how to get back to it. Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    If you're using the WASD keys to move, you hold down shift. If you're moving with the mouse, you right-click.
  • edited December 2010
    Depends, on the PC, I use the arrows or WASD keys to move and hold shift to run.

Edit : Ok, nevermind :)
  • edited December 2010
    And keep in mind that Marty never really runs (not while you're controlling him anyway). At best it's a light jog.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey everyone,

I'm enjoying the game. I'm currently in 1931, and the game told me that to make Marty run, I should hold the right mouse button while holding the appropriate arrow key. I do this, but Marty won't run.

Any solutions?

On a related note, does anybody know where a list of all of the keyboard controls can be found?

Cheers,
    Dwayne
  • edited December 2010
    If you're using WASD, shift makes him run.
    If you're using the mouse, left click to make him walk and left- and right-click to run.
  • edited December 2010
    This is much appreciated! I wasn't even aware that you could move Marty with the mouse - it makes it so much easier. All is well now.

l8r,
    Dwayne
  • edited December 2010
    awesome hows the game =)
    lucky i have to wait until early 2011 to get this game on PS3 =P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.