Hints toward the future (spoilers)

Ok, so during the scene where Marty jumps back to 1931 there's a shot of the time display. The "last time departed" part is on the fritz but for a second it briefly flickers a date that is not 1931. I didn't catch the whole date but I know the year was 2011.

Later in the game, Doc also slips and mentions that he planned to travel to 2011 to visit Marty and Jennifer.

First of all, I think this might be suggesting that the future that we'll be seeing in the last episode (as is hinted in the teaser description) will actually be 2011, but what else could this mean for the plot? Does this mean that the Delorean DIDN'T come to Marty from 1931 but from 2011? If so, how did it get there from 1931? Do you think it's possible even that the Marty of episode 5 will be the one to actually send the Delorean back to the Marty of 1986 to start to chain of events in the first place?

Just guessin'...

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Do you think it's possible even that the Marty of episode 5 will be the one to actually send the Delorean back to the Marty of 1986 to start to chain of events in the first place?

That kind of Bill-and-Ted-esque 'pre-changed past' mechanic is something both the guys behind the movies and Telltale Games have deliberately avoided. If anyone secretly took control of the Delorean, it was before (it terms of the timeline's timeline) the change to the timeline that that action caused.
  • edited December 2010
    When Marty arrives in 1931, the Last Time Departed display reads May 14 1986 7:27 PM
  • edited December 2010
    When Marty arrives in 1931, the Last Time Departed display reads May 14 1986 7:27 PM

That's because that's where he just came from. BlankCanvas01 was referring to when the display was glitching out and Marty hit it.
  • edited December 2010
    The only bit of readable data to cross the time circuits, other than the glitched out 0's was a "dec" and that was it.
  • edited December 2010
    I already posted this image in this thread.

timecircuits.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    linorn wrote: »
    I already posted this image in this thread.

timecircuits.jpg

Uhh... the Year doesn't say 2011. It says 28-blank- and then a number that could probably be a zero. If you know digital clocks, that number your reading as an 11, is actually two sides of 1 digital number. So it's more like it's the year 28_0. So maybe it's 2800 :P Either way, I just think they were doing random digitization to show that the read out for time departed was on the fritz.
  • edited December 2010
    Some other characters that can't be attributed to missing bars: third letter under MONTH, first digit under HOUR, first digit under MIN.
  • edited December 2010
    I think people are just reading too much into that. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.