How MI "Special Editions" should have looked like

Well, tastes differ, but i found this fan project and i think it's quite interesting seeing Monkey Island 2 in Curse's style.

I still love the original MI 1 and 2 style and as for SE i think it's not bad but seems little too "flashy".

1aa945c66df85eed40c153e5eb9a78f418978930.jpg bcde328b41c57145d8babf7cf0a1b63918978934.jpg

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I loved almost everything about MI2: SE, so I can't say that I agree that this is how it should of looked. However, there's no doubt that these screen's look gorgeous... of course the chances of this project being completed are remote at best. Oh well.
  • edited December 2010
    Those look amazing but the current special editions look fine.
  • edited December 2010
    The screenshots look great, but there are way too much light in them. Those places are meant to be really dark and night at its darkest - but that artwork makes it look like it's early evening/afternoot or early morning.
  • edited December 2010
    MI2:LCR:SE is just gorgeous as it is.
    SOMI:SE could use a Special-Special Edition, though
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, as beautiful as those pictures are, they just don't capture the original games' atmosphere like the Special Editions do. Very nice artwork though.
  • edited December 2010
    Not really a special edition but a classic look for curse, it probably been posted but here you go: http://kookosity.blogspot.com/2010/09/curse-of-monkey-island-demake-demo-ed.html
  • edited December 2010
    The person responsible for these is actually part of our 'Carnival of Monkey Island' team; she's doing some background art for us. She's already completed one whole background, and it looks absolutely brilliant, very much like these here :).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.