Any chance of adding Steam Cloud support?

Since the game supports Steam achievements I'm wondering if there's any chance that support for Steam Cloud could be added (for those who aren't familiar with Steam, it means that all of your progress/unlocks/games would automatically be available on any computer you used, so for example you could start a game on your laptop and then continue it on your desktop at a later time)? Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I agree that would be extremely handy! I was going to play a couple hands during lunch the other week but was saddened by the fact that I didn't have any of my unlocks (mostly tables and decks) when logging in on a different computer. Cloud support would definitely be useful for such situations that people may have.

Being a QA tester and working on a couple Steam titles that support it, I know it can be a headache to develop, though... I'll keep my fingers crossed for it, all the same! ;)
  • edited January 2011
    perfect, good for my new PC
  • edited July 2011
    I agree, it would be helpful to have Steam Cloud synchronization, but on the other hand, is there a way to migrate the Save file to another computer? Can I just copy it over? :confused:
  • edited July 2011
    lmnop64 wrote: »
    I agree, it would be helpful to have Steam Cloud synchronization, but on the other hand, is there a way to migrate the Save file to another computer? Can I just copy it over? :confused:

Your unlocks, settings and progress are all in a single file at the moment. You could copy that to another machine if you wanted. Not sure about whether you could pass it between a Windows install and a Mac install though.

I'd *guess* that that would have to be changed for Steam Cloud support since it'd be a pretty bad idea for stuff like screen res and quality settings to be carried between machines as well (I'd totally be keen on it if it was implemented though - I currently only have it installed on one machine because I want to keep all my stats combined).
  • edited July 2011
    What the point, if save-corruption bug can still clear all your progress?
  • SegSeg
    edited July 2011
    The unlocks are tied to achievements, which are stored on the Steam API. Thus you can't "loose" them or "unachieve" them. Once you got the item, it's yours.

The saves have to be manually transferred. There shouldn't be cross-platform issues besides changing around your resolution on the new computer.

Windows saves are stored in:
    "My Documents" folder (where ever that is on your OS): /Telltale Games/Poker Night at the Inventory/

Mac saves are stored in:
    ~\<Mac OS Username>\Library\Application Support\Telltale Games\CelebrityPoker\
  • edited July 2011
    I think it would be easier for Steam Cloud support if the game save/progress stuff was separate from the game settings stuff; then only the progress would be saved, and each machine you play the game on would keep its own game settings.
  • edited August 2011
    For non-steam cloud games I use the free Windows live Mesh to keep my desktop and notebook saves synced up. Once you set it up, it takes care of itself.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.