X-Box 360 rumor...

edited February 2006 in Sam & Max
In the latest OXM magazine, there is a blurb in the rumor section about Sam and Max episodes possibly coming to x-box 360 via the x-box live arcade... now THAT would be fantastic!

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Wow very cool. Could you possibly provide a scan?

I hope the other consoles, also online-enabled, get Telltale games as well.
  • edited February 2006
    And the games would still be point & click? Or the same game with two different interfaces? It would be good for Telltale to make money by making the games available on consoles online as well, but I don't know if it would be good for the game. Because then they have to consider what features that can't be put in the PC version so that the consoles could be compatible (control-wise) or else make two different games. Unless we're talking about the Revolution controller, I don't think it would bode too well for fans of point & click.

Of course, I'm not a programmer at Telltale, and I don't want to sell them short of what they are cabable of. Just my own thinking.
  • edited February 2006
    I don't really care as I have nowhere near enough money to afford a next gen console and probably won't until they're obsolete and the next next gen consoles are out. But this means Telltales games will be spread over into a much wider audience. Spiffy. You could fairly easily port Bone and stuff over to consoles. Arcade sections would be easy and the pointing and clicking could be replaced with a Broken Sword 3 style control scheme.
  • edited February 2006
    Maybe I'm skeptical because I haven't played Broken Sword 3 yet. So maybe it is easy to make it accessible to both interfaces. I don't recall hearing that BS3 was point & click on the PC, though.
  • edited February 2006
    BS3 wasn't point and click. But it had a very good adventuring control system nonetheless. It had all the fun of the point ande click system minus the pain and annoyance of trying to replicate this onto a console controller pad.
  • edited February 2006
    I think Sam and Max on the xbox 360 would be awesome. High definition widescreen sam and max is a very cool thought. Id definetly buy it.
  • edited February 2006
    personally I think its a great idea.. A lot of people who have the X-Box may not have that good a PC or would want to buy sam and max on the PC.. the console market is huge..and Sam and Max would do well on there
  • edited February 2006
    Ive been following pc adventure games since I was a little kid and at this point Its not that I dont like them on the pc, I just want to see them suceed on consoles and break into the mainstream. Im not like the indie punk rock music fan who loves his band because only him and 200 other people know about it and disregard them as sell outs when they go mainstream. I want to see this suceed. I want to see this type of quality creativity to suceed in an industry flooded with the real "sell outs" which are the cookie cutter action games that are mediocre and everywhere.
  • edited February 2006
    I agree If Telltale & sam and max's success in the console market spawned a 100 similar games I wouldn't mind at all :D
  • edited February 2006
    Pitty, I only have a game boy color, 2 macs (that can access internet), and a functional pc...

Sigh...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.