Broken copy?

My copy of the game is broken or something; (it was the copy that comes in the holiday bundle)

Whenever you click the link for tf2 unlocks it just tells you that you didn't buy the game from telltale.

Anyone have this problem or find a solution?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Huh? Are you logged into telltale when you click on the link?
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah I'm logged in and everything; it tells me;

Sorry, it doesn't look like you bought Poker Night at the Inventory through us. There's still time to pick it up for access to these exclusive TF2 items..

Yet if I go into my purchases/games part of my account I see Poker Night there fully equipped with download link and serial key.
  • edited January 2011
    The TF2 items are available strictly from within Steam. Those who pre-ordered the game from Telltale were actually given a code to punch into Steam to unlock a copy there for the visor and other items you unlock during play. It's obvious you couldn't have pre-ordered considering you got it through the Holiday Pack, and therefore links like this one (http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor) won't work for you.
  • edited January 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    The TF2 items are available strictly from within Steam. Those who pre-ordered the game from Telltale were actually given a code to punch into Steam to unlock a copy there for the visor and other items you unlock during play. It's obvious you couldn't have pre-ordered considering you got it through the Holiday Pack, and therefore links like this one (http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor) won't work for you.

Yes but since the telltale version was going to have the items as well, but was scrapped last minute, they added a link for ALL people who bought through telltale for the tf2 unlocks, minus the poker visor.
    I think he is saying that link doesnt work.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah theres still the glasses, guns, and watch.
  • edited January 2011
    Lolenub wrote: »
    Yeah theres still the glasses, guns, and watch.

for those you need to play the steam version.
  • edited January 2011
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    for those you need to play the steam version.

Ugh, did you even read the thread?:mad:

I'm trying to get the steam version, but the link for doing so says I did not buy my game from telltale which I did....
  • edited January 2011
    Ugh, did you even read the thread?:mad:

I'm trying to get the steam version, but the link for doing so says I did not buy my game from telltale which I did....

srry, but anyway did you preorder the game?
  • edited January 2011
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    srry, but anyway did you preorder the game?

You didnt read the thread at all did you?

He already said he got it via the holiday bundle so no he did not preorder.
  • edited January 2011
    Is there a way that I should use to contact Telltale about this (forum post in a certain area, emailing a specific address?)

Cause it sounds like no one else is having this problem.
  • edited January 2011
    I would have said use that code you get for preordering since that unlocks the steam version but i have no idea what to do. sorry for being of no help, but yeah maybe contacting telltale is the best thing to do at this point.
  • edited January 2011
    Is there a way that I should use to contact Telltale about this (forum post in a certain area, emailing a specific address?)

Cause it sounds like no one else is having this problem.

Yeah go to the support thread.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Sign in to comment in this discussion.