Childhood comics?

FlyFly
edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
I was watching the Season 3 DVD today, and the highlight of the History documentary for me was seeing scans of some of the original, childhood Sam and Max drawings - The 'Surprise Poster', the original version of Bad Day On The Moon, and so on.

Have any of these been published or released anywhere? I'm willing to pay money for childhood scribbles, here.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Me too, now that I'd think about it. I'd love to see the ORIGINAL original Sam & Max comics.
  • edited January 2011
    original original?
  • edited January 2011
    original please.
  • edited January 2011
    That'd be interesting to see... Are they at all published in 'Surfin' the Highway,' or is that all just official work?
  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    Are they at all published in 'Surfin' the Highway,' or is that all just official work?

Surfin' the Highway is all official work.
  • edited January 2011
    maybe on age of Sam & Max?

someone could make 1-2 scans for the wiki oO
  • edited January 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    maybe on age of Sam & Max?

someone could make 1-2 scans for the wiki oO

funny to make wiki:p
  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011
    Ha, I just found the ones that were shown on the DVD on the Telltale site (for those who haven't seen them yet):

summer_moohooman.jpg

What I particularly appreciate about this one is how in this one crude, off-model drawing, you can see their personalities are pretty much worked out. Max is talking about how much he enjoys violence! Sam is saying something slightly clunky and needlessly wordy in support of violence! IT'S THERE. (Although I am foxed by what Max is wearing in the 'original' comic. I'm not imagining that that's a dress?)

And I'm linking these so I don't enormous up the thread any more - Here's a page from the original Bad Day On The Moon, and here's a 1980s college newspaper strip.

So yeah. I want more.
  • edited January 2011
    Fly wrote: »
    (Although I am foxed by what Max is wearing in the 'original' comic. I'm not imagining that that's a dress?)
    It looks like a trenchcoat to me.
  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011

Aaaah, I see it now. ...You have to admit it's hard to tell. (Especially since, if I've learned anything from classic cartoons, it's that cartoon rabbits are great at crossdressing.)
  • edited January 2011
    markeres wrote: »

I always thought it was a potato sack.
  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011
    If nothing else, this discussion does explain why Max decided to give up wearing clothes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.