BONE on Nintendo DS?

edited January 2009 in Bone
Hello, hello, hello, what's all this about then?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23066
Telltale Games' Bone to lead batch of PC and DS games

Ambitious new games publisher Xider is to release 12 titles throughout Europe in 2007, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Bone, previously a download only title from developer Telltale Games, will be getting a retail release from the publisher, with the company focusing on the PC and Nintendo DS markets.

Maybe it's just misleadingly written, and while Xider is focussing on PC & DS, BONE is only getting a PC version released at retail?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Maybe it's just misleadingly written, and while Xider is focussing on PC & DS, BONE is only getting a PC version released at retail?

Yes, I think so. I haven't heard anything about a Bone DS release (but it would be very cool!)

For those who don't know, Xider is associated with BHV (I think it's their international label, for when they print outside of Germany). They will be publishing retail versions of the Bone games in Europe in a bunch of different languages.
  • edited February 2007
    Thanks Emily... off to update the Mojo story...
  • edited February 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Yes, I think so. I haven't heard anything about a Bone DS release (but it would be very cool!)

For those who don't know, Xider is associated with BHV (I think it's their international label, for when they print outside of Germany). They will be publishing retail versions of the Bone games in Europe in a bunch of different languages.

I don't undertand if Xider still needs local distributors. Will they publish a multilanguage version? Any chance of Italian subtitles? ;)
  • edited February 2007
    Looks like Kotaku has also read the gameindustry.biz article (which is incredibly poorly written) and found the same conclusion.

I was going to set them straight (and tell the person unimpressed with the Out From Boneville demo to try Cow Race), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to register on that damn site.
  • edited March 2007

Is there going to be retail versions of Bone in the US???
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    Is there going to be retail versions of Bone in the US???

Maybe someday, but I don't think there's a plan for that right now. As far as I know, Xider is only publishing in Europe.
  • edited November 2008
    Maybe someday, but I don't think there's a plan for that right now. As far as I know, Xider is only publishing in Europe.

if bone is gonna be any differnt on the DS?
  • edited November 2008
    a) This thread is nearly two years old
    b) There isn't a DS version of Bone. Read the second post.
  • edited January 2009
    The article is just poorly written. There is no DS Bone.
  • edited January 2009
    I think that issue was settled years ago, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.