Season 3: Fantasic

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
Just want to thank you for a very worthy classic for me in the future. I was a kid when playing the original LA S&M Hit the road from early 90's and season 3 is near to get me back in that universe. Much to the graphical updates and exeptional good texture art this time. Thanks for a great game.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    So.... where are you from?
    Welcome to the boards.
  • edited January 2011
    Thank you. Im from Norway :D
  • edited January 2011
    Glad you enjoyed it, definitley worth another playthrough so you can spot hidden jokes etc.

Have you played season 1 and 2?
  • edited January 2011
    ohh if you haven't you should play the season 2 :D
  • edited January 2011
    J A F wrote: »
    Just want to thank you for a very worthy classic for me in the future. I was a kid when playing the original LA S&M Hit the road from early 90's and season 3 is near to get me back in that universe. Much to the graphical updates and exeptional good texture art this time. Thanks for a great game.

I have to agree. Season 3 is the best of the Sam and Max TellTale series so far. I loved Season 1 but I felt Season 2's overall story didn't stand up (I felt the individual episodes didn't flow or feel connected overall), but Season 3 has been a winner through and through. I've got some distaste for the last episode (LOVED Cthulhu Max, but I guess it was the ending or something that left me unsatisfied? I'm not sure the episode felt as smoothly connected with the rest of the season), but otherwise it was very good.
  • edited January 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    ohh if you haven't you should play the season 2 :D
    I have played season 1, 2 and now on season 3 =) Season 2 was not good at all, to much reuse of characters and too much the same over and over again. Season 1 was fun. Tho i liked Hit the road smashing comments the best, not over eagerly long, just short good punchlines from Sam and Max.

Sam: We got the whole tooth.
    Max: Nothing but.
    Sam:Where shall we put this where it dosent hurt anybody we know or care about.
    Max: Out the window Sam, nothing but strangers out there.
    Sam: Hope there was nobody on that bus.
    Max: Nobody we know atleast.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm completely opposite. I liked the crazy scenarios of Season 2. All the seasons reuse the same characters over and over so I don't hold that against it. I found Santa's workshop to Night of the Raving dead and eventually the trip to Hades to be hilarious. I'm glad season 2's episodes weren't tied to the same locations as most of the first seasons episodes were. I guess to each their own.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm completely opposite. I liked the crazy scenarios of Season 2. All the seasons reuse the same characters over and over so I don't hold that against it. I found Santa's workshop to Night of the Raving dead and eventually the trip to Hades to be hilarious. I'm glad season 2's episodes weren't tied to the same locations as most of the first seasons episodes were. I guess to each their own.

same here :D
  • edited January 2011
    I’d also like to thank Telltale games for providing me with a fantastic alternative to mainstream gaming’s recent outbreak of assembly line shooters and salvaging my interest in a childhood hobby. Not to mention breathing new life into the classic point & click adventure genre. Rest assured I will be buying most of these games along with some exclusive merchandise over the coming months.

The raving dead and Hell episodes were pure genius. Though I think overall the humour varied greatly on that season (skirting dangerously close to tedium at times and then suddenly becoming mind-blowingly awesome), whilst season 1 is more consistent.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.