Sam & Max Hit The Road help

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
I got the Sam & Max Hit The Road game for my birthday (Which is today), for my mac laptop, and it won't let me play because it keeps saying that the Classic enviornment is no longer supported

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Download ScummVm. That should fix you right up.
  • edited January 2011
    why? what's it do?
  • edited January 2011
    It's a workaround for modern computers to run games on the SCUMM engine like Monkey Island and Sam and Max. It does not include the games, if you insert the purchased discs it will let you play them.
  • edited January 2011
    It's a workaround for modern computers to run games on the SCUMM engine like Monkey Island and Sam and Max. It does not include the games, if you insert the purchased discs it will let you play them.

alright, I downloaded it and the disk is in, what do I do now?
  • edited January 2011
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    alright, I downloaded it and the disk is in, what do I do now?
    Go here for the required data files and tools.
    then copy the data files from the disk and store them in a folder, open scummvm, click add game, find the folder's path and load it(you only have to add it only one time).
    While you are playing the game press f5 for options, save and load and to quit the game
    P.S. Click here for ScummVM's user manual
  • edited January 2011
    It's a workaround for modern computers to run most games that are based on 2D adventure game engines like SCUMM or SCI. It does not include the games, if you insert the purchased discs it will let you play them.
    Fixed
  • edited January 2011
    could someone give me a detailed description of what I should do?
  • edited January 2011
    Put in the disc
    Open ScummVM
    Click Add Game
    Navigate to the disc drive that the game is in
    Find the game folder with the files in it
    Click Choose
    It should select Sam and Max Hit the Road and put it in the games list
    Select the game in the games list and click start
    Go here for the required data files and tools.
    then copy the data files from the disk and store them in a folder, open scummvm, click add game, find the folder's path and load it(you only have to add it only one time).
    While you are playing the game press f5 for options, save and load and to quit the game
    P.S. Click here for ScummVM's user manual
    Oh, mightypiratetm already said the same thing above. Wasn't this enough info to tell you what to do? ^
  • edited January 2011
    it won't let me, I'm not sure which folder to select
  • edited January 2011
    OK pop in the disc and start ScummVM.... and excuse my messy computer hand writing... I hope this helps.

howtousescummvm.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    OK pop in the disc and start ScummVM.... and excuse my messy computer hand writing... I hope this helps.

howtousescummvm.jpg

alright, thanks!
  • edited January 2011
    BTW I hope its similar to windows because I do not have a MAC.
  • edited January 2011
    BTW I hope its similar to windows because I do not have a MAC.

it's the same oO
  • edited January 2011

[Picture I will omit for cluttering reasons]

That method will force you to have the disc in the drive when you play. You could extract the files (using ScummVM Tools) instead.

You can get it here
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks to Irishmile... I started using ScummVM and didn't know how to save my game until I saw this thread.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.