Can prior purchases be put on iPad?

Just got a iPad today, haven't done much of anything with it, but I just want to confirm that I can't port titles I've purchased for my PC, over to my iPad. I see some of my titles have both Mac & PC download options, but the Mac version wouldn't work on my iPad, would it?

I suspect if I'm going to get Telltale titles onto my iPad, I'm going to have to buy them again. However, figured I'd just check, in case I'm wrong.

Kevin

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately, you're going to have to buy the games again for iPad as their PC and Mac counterparts are not compatible.
    Even more unfortunate is the fact that it doesn't look like Telltale is going to port the remaining episodes of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures or The Devil's Playhouse to the iPad anytime soon... :(
    However, now is a good time to get in on the iPad Telltale business as all iPad Telltale games are $2.99 until February 10 (see here for more info).
  • edited January 2011
    You'd probably have to wait on the official word on this, but I would say no, as it is not really possible given the way Apple operates its App store.

That may change in the future, but I think it would mean that Telltale would have to make a new delivery platform for iPad (like using unlock codes for in-app purchases or something), or Apple would need to implement the functionality in the app store (not likely).
  • edited January 2011
    MacFly77 and Isometric Bacon's answers were correct. Currently, you'll have to re-purcahse games on the iPad. But as MacFly77 said, right now all of our iPad games are $2.99!
  • It is a shame that you have to purchase games multiple times for every new platform you have. Surely you could be given a code for at the very least a substantial discount or free. Even if you paid a little more to start with and bought a multi platform pass. Then it could be used on any platform.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure to pass it along to the team!

It is a shame that you have to purchase games multiple times for every new platform you have. Surely you could be given a code for at the ve

• The games I have on steam are on the same platform as most of mine (apart from Back to the Future, PS3) so I'm hoping to hear word about how I'm meant to gave the games I have on telltalegames unlocked on steam if possible.

It is a shame that you have to purchase games multiple times for every new platform you have. Surely you could be given a code for at the ve

This discussion has been closed.