iPad (The Devils Playhouse) ep.2,3,4,5,6

edited May 2011 in Sam & Max
Hey Telltale and community I was getting ready to buy Sam & Max on the iPad today. But I saw that they only had one episode. Same with Monkey Island. I was wondering when they're going to put the rest of the episodes on there. Please comment..

P.S. I really hope they continue the puzzle agent series!!! :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    what the hell is Sam and Max the devils playhouse episode 6?
  • edited February 2011
    My bad I accidentally put 6.
  • edited February 2011
    But plz don't comment unless you know the answer. :/
  • edited February 2011
    As far as we know, the rest of the Devil's Playhouse episodes have been canceled on iPad. Telltale's supposed to be releasing the rest of Tales of Monkey Island, though personally I wouldn't get my hopes up. :/
  • edited February 2011
    I can't find the origin of the statement, but I believe that Telltale said, in regard to Sam & Max, it wouldn't be technically possible to put the remaining episodes onto the iPad due to the limitations of the platform. It'll probably be best if to get the episodes on the PC, Mac or PSN if you want to play anything past the first episode.
  • edited February 2011
    Telltale's had a pretty sketchy history on the iPad so far. Officially, I don't think they've ever declared the rest of the Devil's Playhouse on iPad an aborted project, but you're probably not going to see them anytime soon. It's best to just get them on the PC/Mac/PS3.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the comment I think they should might have more luck with the new iPad (a5 chip, retina display, and cameras) :) I might just buy it for mac. Again thanks for the comments!!
  • edited February 2011
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    I can't find the origin of the statement, but I believe that Telltale said, in regard to Sam & Max, it wouldn't be technically possible to put the remaining episodes onto the iPad due to the limitations of the platform.

As far as I remember, they didn't talk about 'not possible', only 'serious difficulties'. Beats me why, though - if the iPad could run TPZ, then even if the other episodes are beefier, there should be some way to tone them down a little. Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested in a more detailed explanation.
  • edited February 2011
    I reckon it's just too time consuming for them to bother.
  • edited February 2011
    As far as I remember, they didn't talk about 'not possible', only 'serious difficulties'. Beats me why, though - if the iPad could run TPZ, then even if the other episodes are beefier, there should be some way to tone them down a little. Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested in a more detailed explanation.

I heard something about the tomb in 302 being too large an area for the iPad to handle. Not sure how true that is, though.
  • edited February 2011
    I just kind of think if a company can run games like Aralon, I don't think the scale of the game is the issue. But i can understand maybe the don't have the tools or a powerful enough engine to do it. Don't doubt the iPad it can do some amazing things. Like cod zombies works great and games like dead space.
  • edited March 2011
    If we have only "demo" (aka Episode 1) of Telltale games on iPad, i will not buy them !
    It would be nice to add others episodes.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    I heard something about the tomb in 302 being too large an area for the iPad to handle. Not sure how true that is, though.

That's what we ran into at the time. Our iPad performance has improved since then so maybe it is less of an issue, but I don't know our official iPad plans for anything not already announced so I can't really comment on any of it, sorry!
  • edited April 2011
    There's no secret episode 6...
    there's only a secret episode for Tales of Monkey Island obviously :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011
    Android please? :P
  • edited May 2011
    Telltale's had a pretty sketchy history on the iPad so far. Officially, I don't think they've ever declared the rest of the Devil's Playhouse on iPad an aborted project, but you're probably not going to see them anytime soon. It's best to just get them on the PC/Mac/PS3.

I wouldn't totally rule out the rest of The Devil's Playhouse coming to the iPad ever but it's not on our current slate of projects at this time.

The rest of Tales of Monkey Island is coming though, we'll be announcing our plans for that in near future.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.