Monkey Island in LittleBigPlanet 2

I really hope this is the appropriate place to post this!

I haven't been around these forums in quite some time, but lately I've been playing LittleBigPlanet 2 and I've started work on some Monkey Island levels. Right now I've only completed the introduction from SOMI, and this is just the tip of the iceberg and I don't plan on stopping soon. My only downfall so far is the inability to sequence music with the in-game music sequencer because it's just not something that I'm good at. Anyways, if anyone here has LBP2, go to the link below and add my level to your queue! :D

http://lbp.me/v/xfwq8b

I've also included some teaser pictures so even people without LBP2 can see what this is all about.
d985e7c5c5066f54fc746292be5ca8d0c71812fc.jpg
10addcfbd168c815387d027d7a7066c51040651c.jpg

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Sweet! I've played some Monkey Island levels in Little Big Planet...but yours seems really well made! Can't wait to see it finished!

How can I find you/your level? What do I search for?
  • edited February 2011
    I have played those levels you've mentioned and while the intention is good the execution isn't so great. As for me, I suppose you could say I'm very detail orientated. It is killing me so much not having the theme in my level, but hopefully someone can come along and give me a hand with that.

Anyways, if you log in to http://www.lbp.me with your PSN account and go to http://lbp.me/v/xfwq8b (it's a shortened URL to my level) click the green Add to Queue button and the next time you play LBP2 if you enter the Community Levels section it will now be added to your queue for you to play. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Its added I will check it out later. I am a big fan of both MI and LBP.
  • edited February 2011
    Awesome. Let me know what you think!

Also, I'm free all weekend so after I'm done posting this post I'm hopping on to LBP2 and getting back to work on more levels. Consider the currently published level more of a teaser than anything. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    I don't have LBP2 nor do I intend getting it (since I didn't really enjoy the first one much, I hated the floaty controls). Any chance we'll see a video of it somewhere at some point?
  • edited February 2011
    StarEye wrote: »
    I don't have LBP2 nor do I intend getting it (since I didn't really enjoy the first one much, I hated the floaty controls). Any chance we'll see a video of it somewhere at some point?

Fortunately with LBP2 you can change the gravity in your own levels which can be used to alleviate the floaty feeling. (I find a gravity setting of 142% to be the sweet spot)

As for a video, unless I do something with an external camera I'm not sure. If someone that can record video from their PS3 wants to upload a video for me, that'd be great.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd be sure to get this, if I get Little Big Planet 2

Or a PS3.
  • edited February 2011
    I was quite conflicted for quite a long while as I continued to work on this because I had to determine what would actually be the most enjoyable experience for players; a Secret of Monkey Island film to sit back and watch or a puzzle/platformer that would stay very faithful to SoMI.

I'll let you know what I decided upon later. In the meantime, enjoy this teaser shot from what I'm currently working on.
    4a360da0ae2c904caeec5b89b945d9178366e20c.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    At times like this I wish I had a PS3.
  • edited February 2011
    New teaser!
    43d7f4e00376fbbea82bff0a883c2952b1c3f8b7.jpg
    65042fbf122384410ea1107e5f13be17610d4268.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    I have no idea what the length limitations are, but if you could remake all 5 games in one level it'd be dandy.
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I have no idea what the length limitations are, but if you could remake all 5 games in one level it'd be dandy.

If I continue working the way I am putting the amount of detail in that I have been I'll be lucky to get SoMI to fit. It's already going to span at least a few levels, but you're limited to publishing 20.
  • edited February 2011
    OH I so wanted to do something like this in the first LittleBigPlanet but the tools were too limited! Good luck on this and I really look forward to playing it!
    And if I may offer a suggestion, maybe the ground in the Scumm Bar could be covered in Grog (acid) so that you have to jump on the tables and swing on the chandeliers?
  • edited February 2011
    OH I so wanted to do something like this in the first LittleBigPlanet but the tools were too limited! Good luck on this and I really look forward to playing it!
    And if I may offer a suggestion, maybe the ground in the Scumm Bar could be covered in Grog (acid) so that you have to jump on the tables and swing on the chandeliers?

While I do like this idea I feel in my opinion it would take away from the Monkey Island feeling. I'm trying to keep very close to the game while making up for the lack of inventory and item combining (without complex logic that wouldn't be able to span multiple levels anyways) with LBP2 elements.

On another note, I'm actually having some luck with working on the music myself. I've been quiet for a few days but I've definitely been putting some work in on my levels. I hope to update the current level and calling that one finished and having a new one published which will also be fully finished before the end of next week (so before February 19th).

I should also add that I was working on a conversation system but it started to become very complex and prone to bugging. I've shelved it for now and in the meantime conversations will automatically progress in the direction I've pre-chosen from the original game's script, but I will try to keep as much as possible until size or space becomes an issue.

Nearly forgot this. For those without LBP2, once the levels I'm working on are finished I will be recording them from my TV with my webcam. While it's not my ideal way of doing it, it's all I have to work with right now. Fortunately I have a higher end webcam so the quality should be decent.
  • edited February 2011
    Nearly forgot this. For those without LBP2, once the levels I'm working on are finished I will be recording them from my TV with my webcam. While it's not my ideal way of doing it, it's all I have to work with right now. Fortunately I have a higher end webcam so the quality should be decent.

Thanks, that'll do just fine for now. Maybe if it's good enough, it'll convince me to buy LBP2 anyway. :)
  • edited February 2011
    ooooooooooo i'll definatly keep an eye on this and play it ^_^

P.S. if anyone want's to add me my PSN is dumpling321
  • edited February 2011
    This looks very interesting. I wish I had a PS3.
  • edited February 2011
    Hehe. Awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.