Sam & Max 2 for Wii

edited February 2011 in Sam & Max
Why is this game so hard to track down in the UK? I really want it for the Wii, but can only find it second-hand at crazy prices, it seems to be so rare. Why aren't TellTale selling it in their online store? I don't get it! :confused:

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'm not sure how big a run the Wii version got, but I do know it wasn't marketed very well, so I'm not surprised it's kind of hard to find.

The Wii version isn't a very good port anyway, though. How good is your computer? It'd probably be better if you just got it off the Telltale Store (or Steam, if that's more your thing).
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the reply, RAnthonyMahan. My computer is up to the job - I got episode 203 Night of the Raving Dead for the pc and enjoyed it. I'd just like to play it on the Wii. Its such a shame. The Wii is crying out for point & click adventures and when a good 'un comes along, you can't get hold of it. I think TellTale should make more effort to promote their stuff, or at least sell the game through their store. It makes no sense to me that they'd go to the trouble of porting it then make it impossible to buy.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, if you want to play the Wii version of Season 2, they actually have copies of the game at Amazon.com for dirt cheap. I would further invest in the versions for the computer, but if you want to play Season 2 on the Wii, you can. ^^ I played Season 1 on the Wii, and while I did think it was outdated for the Wii System, the point and click controls were nicely done. Besides that, there's not much improvement in it though.
  • edited February 2011
    I actually thought the Wii version of the game was very easy to use. Gave the real point and click feel.
  • edited February 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    Well, if you want to play the Wii version of Season 2, they actually have copies of the game at Amazon.com for dirt cheap. I would further invest in the versions for the computer, but if you want to play Season 2 on the Wii, you can. ^^ I played Season 1 on the Wii, and while I did think it was outdated for the Wii System, the point and click controls were nicely done. Besides that, there's not much improvement in it though.

OP is in the UK, so he'd have to get the PAL version from Amazon.co.uk instead, which is much more expensive than its NTSC counterpart. :(
  • edited February 2011
    OP is in the UK, so he'd have to get the PAL version from Amazon.co.uk instead, which is much more expensive than its NTSC counterpart. :(
    Yes, and I really wanted to support TellTale Games by purchasing it new. Maybe I'll hang on a while.
  • edited February 2011
    That reminds me of the time I went to Plaisio to buy season 2 for the Wii, it has had both the PC Atari version and the Wii Atari version, but guess what? The PC version cost 10 Euros and the Wii version 35 Euros, So I bought the PC version instead.
  • edited February 2011
    mightypiratem, I always thought it was just us in the UK who get ripped off!
  • edited February 2011
    Sidni7 wrote: »
    Yes, and I really wanted to support TellTale Games by purchasing it new. Maybe I'll hang on a while.

Amazon sells new copies. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Wow! I can't believe it - I've been checking Amazon every day and it just popped up this afternoon. Thanks for the tip-off, SHODANFreeman. I've ordered it quick before it disappears again. I'm a happy adventurer now! :guybrush:
  • edited February 2011
    On a similar note, has there been any word on a Wii version of Season Three?

While it's obviously not a huge difference, I find the Wii remote more comfortable than a mouse for point-and-click games.
  • edited February 2011
    tbarrie wrote: »
    On a similar note, has there been any word on a Wii version of Season Three?

While it's obviously not a huge difference, I find the Wii remote more comfortable than a mouse for point-and-click games.

I wouldn't hold my breath, at this point. :(
  • edited February 2011
    That's a shame. I've got Season 2 for Wii now and though I found it a bit sluggish and less responsive than the pc version, I've got used to it now. Like tbarrie, I am enjoying the interface. It's a shame if TT abandon the Wii. It's the perfect platform. They just need to tweak the performance a little.
  • edited February 2011
    I have to give credit to Telltale for giving the Wii an honest shot (which is more than you can say for most developers), but given how unpleasant their experiences with it have been so far, I seriously doubt they'll bother with the Wii ever again.

I know it sucks hearing this, but it'd probably be best if you just got it on the PC, barrie.
  • edited February 2011
    There can't only be two of us who like to point & click on the Wii.
  • edited February 2011
    I think that the controls of Tales of Monkey Island on Wii were the best controls for a 3D graphic adventure I've ever saw
  • edited February 2011
    I think that the controls of Tales of Monkey Island on Wii were the best controls for a 3D graphic adventure I've ever saw
    I haven't played MI on the Wii. Its good to hear that it can work well. I think TellTale should stick with it and put a bit more effort into promotion.
  • edited February 2011

Yeah, the controls were great, the graphics and load times and audio were pretty atrocious though.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, the controls were great, the graphics and load times and audio were pretty atrocious though.
    I don't deny that...
  • mDtmDt
    edited February 2011
    It seems like it would work pretty good on Wii.

I'm gonna say though that my full playthrough of Season Two was on XBox, and the controls... not that great. Load times were decent, probably because it's a DLC game and didn't have to read from a disc, but it was also pretty choppy at times with the graphics.

It's definitely best when played on the computer.
  • edited February 2011
    I wouldn't hold my breath, at this point. :(

Yeah. The Wii versions of Tales of Monkey Island don't look as good as the PC version and are laggy at points. I read another comment in this thread saying Sam and Max season 2 was laggy playing off of the game disc. So... I don't think Sam and Max Season 3 will ever be seen on the Wii due to it being very graphics heavy compared to seasons 1 and 2. The graphics quality would have to be shot down quite a bit and even then I'm not sure. This isn't a crack at the Wii's capability though, oh no. This is probably a problem caused by porting it from the PC, I think... The Wii should be able to handle these games, but somehow can't as well as we'd expect.
  • edited February 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    It seems like it would work pretty good on Wii.

I'm gonna say though that my full playthrough of Season Two was on XBox, and the controls... not that great. Load times were decent, probably because it's a DLC game and didn't have to read from a disc, but it was also pretty choppy at times with the graphics.

It's definitely best when played on the computer.

I read or heard somewhere on the TT website here that Season 3 was made directly for and with the PS3 in mind. I wonder how well it plays on it?
  • mDtmDt
    edited February 2011
    I read or heard somewhere on the TT website here that Season 3 was made directly for and with the PS3 in mind. I wonder how well it plays on it?

I've been wanting to play it on that, but it's $35 to get it on PS3 again (Just got the triple back in December). Already have it on PC, seems a bit much when Seasons One and Two on XBox only cost me $20 and I'm not getting any kind of disc or box art.

I guess it's free when you do PlayStation Plus, their pay subscription service, but I don't have money for that either.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.