TV show

edited February 2011 in Sam & Max
Did anyone remeber they Tv Show?
It only aired a few of episodes, but it where so incredible and awsome. And the picture desing, incomparable.
What you thing? You guys can remember that animated cartoon?:D

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Everyone here remembers the show.

Heck the shows DVD is being sold here.:D
  • edited February 2011
    it was quite awesome :D
  • edited February 2011
    It still is awesome!
  • edited February 2011
    How can we forget the tv show, man. Really.
  • edited February 2011
    Why did they only make one series? It had me laughing every episode and I believe it was quite popular?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2011
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Why did they only make one series? It had me laughing every episode and I believe it was quite popular?

It was maybe not quite popular enough, but either way I think a lot of it had to do with one of the usual reasons: management changeover at Fox Kids between seasons.
  • edited February 2011
    "We're being watched, Sam."
    "Judging by the glaring lack of fanmail I beg to differ, little buddy!"
    (Sorry, just had to post that.)
  • edited February 2011
    mums and dads did it just think if you never sow sam and max and then you sore you kids winching it a show that well is sam and max well get it
  • edited February 2011
    kane wrote: »
    mums and dads did it just think if you never sow sam and max and then you sore you kids winching it a show that well is sam and max well get it

Sorry, can you rephrase that, I'm feeling a little tired :(
  • FlyFly
    edited February 2011
    He's saying that parents were responsible for getting the program cancelled - imagine if you saw your children watching Sam and Max.
  • edited February 2011
    *imagines it*

Kid: Daddy, What's a Medula Oblongata.
    Me: It's a part of your brain. It make you able to do stuff. Why?
    Kid: I was watching your old Sam and Max dvd and heard it.
    Me: Oh, that show? Let me show you my favorite episode...

No problem there.
  • FlyFly
    edited February 2011
    So go on then, Dad - I mean, Remolay. What is your favourite episode? (Mine's the Glazed MacGuffin episode.)
  • edited February 2011
    Fox has a habit of canceling things if its not an instant hit.
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Fox has a habit of canceling things if its not an instant hit.

It was an instant hit though.
  • edited February 2011
    I love how the show seems to be slightly more ridiculous than the other media. That could be because it's geared towards a younger demographic, but I really enjoy it in this way.

Also love how they seem to get so much crap past the radar.

Personally, I honestly wouldn't mind if a kid of mine walked up to me and asked the meaning of the 'drop the soap' joke. (Okay, I'd probably keel over laughing, or become horrified, depending on what kind of parent I turn out to be...)
  • edited February 2011
    LOL, my 5 year old saw me watching Sam and Max on the internet, asked about it, and I sat her on my lap and we watched together. She doesn't speak english so I roughly translated.

She loved it to the bone and whenever she didn't understand anything she would ask. The more adult jokes, I haven't had to explain, since she doesn't even know they're there. But I have several creative explanations for them XD

At her age, she had been gradually abandoning the more "kiddie" shows and started getting interested in things that are less simple. Her tastes are shifting. Sam and Max are similar, to her, to Tom and Jerry: physical comedy, a bit of an edge. She laughs at the surrealism and the attitudes.

We sometimes make stories about them at sleepy time, if I'm not reading her from a book or telling a tale about something else. When she wants to laugh, she picks Sam and Max.

Maybe someday I'll tell you about the story we made about the Cheeto race :P

Honestly, Sam and Max are completely harmless in their cartoon form. They're too complex for kids that are too young, but kids that are near grade school do understand them and find them interesting.

Hell, I have to constantly remind my kid that Calvin from C&H is NOT a role model, something the outlandish behaviour of Sam and Max makes it pretty clear.
  • edited February 2011
    I have a review of this show in my signature, so yes I've heard of it. It would be awesome to see a new Sam and Max series, but I'm probably just having a case of Wishful thinking.
  • edited February 2011
    GeorgeC wrote: »

The same reason Lucasarts cancelled their second Sam & Max game. Because they're stupid and don't like being popular. :D
  • edited February 2011
    What I thought was unreal was in the episode "Kiss Kiss, Band Bang" was when Max said at the end "Yep, she'll get picked up all right" or something like that. I was skitting laughing the first time I heard that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.