Any Minecraft fans here?

Just thought you might like to see a couple of my creations :D

Guybrush (Original post on Reddit )

Stan! (Original post on Reddit)

There may be more to come in future but I'm on a bit of a break for now :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I don't care much for the game, but your creations are awesome! I hope you do make some more. Perhaps LeChuck? :rolleyes:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Is that Stan animated in the game? if so how the heck did you do that?

I play Minecraft semi-frequently with some friends but I'm mostly a tourist.
  • edited February 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I hope you do make some more. Perhaps LeChuck? :rolleyes:

I actually got halfway through LeChuck, but started getting frustrated because I couldn't get it quite right, that's one of the reasons I decided to take a break for a while :(
    Jake wrote: »
    Is that Stan animated in the game? if so how the heck did you do that?

Unfortunately not :p I cheated a bit for that; position, take screenshot, reposition etc. then merged the resulting screenshots into a .gif using external software. ;) It was time consuming but I'm fairly happy with the way it turned out :cool:
  • edited February 2011
    Stan is absolutely brilliant. Nice job!
  • edited February 2011
    I use the MI2 Guybrush as my player skin in the game, it's awesome
  • edited February 2011
    Could someone here tell me how minecraft works.
    Do you find the materials, then upload a photo, and the game creates the sprites for you with the materials, or did you hand make that?
  • edited February 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Do you find the materials, then upload a photo, and the game creates the sprites for you with the materials, or did you hand make that?

It's not like there's a free version on the website.
  • edited February 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    It's all handmade. Minecraft plays like a FPS, except you place blocks instead of shoot bullets. Each block is 1m Cubed, and you can place blocks up to 8m away, so constructing something like this would've taken alot of effort an planning, So I take my hat of to thee pldg! I couldn't hope to create anything as awesome as those. I keep falling off the scaffolding I build!
  • edited March 2011
    Minecraft is spectacular. I've just started getting into it a couple weeks ago. Creating a building on a high peak connected to a treehouse with stairs in the basement that lead to my mine on the same hill. So much fun! I wish the netcode was more optimized so I could actually enjoy playing with others, though.

minecraft01.jpg
    minecraft03.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    What is Minecraft? I don't like popular cultural things, typically, but I might warm up to it if I had a clearer idea of how your time is spent when you use the program.
  • edited March 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    What is Minecraft? I don't like popular cultural things, typically, but I might warm up to it if I had a clearer idea of how your time is spent when you use the program.

basically, from what I understand, you run around areas finding materials and mining stuff, and then you use the materials to create your own buildings and such...
  • edited March 2011
    basically, from what I understand, you run around areas finding materials and mining stuff, and then you use the materials to create your own buildings and such...

And there are monsters and the constant threat of your work being destroyed by evil monsters.

It's like an MMO but without the subscription fee is the closest comparison I can say for it's addictiveness.
  • edited March 2011
    I would like to thank Prizna for this bit of awesome: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:GBFront.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    I would like to thank Prizna for this bit of awesome: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:GBFront.jpg

thanks,

Glad u found and liked it.

I also made this in creative mode:

Guybrush.png
Sign in to comment in this discussion.