Sam and Max fanart contest?

edited February 2011 in Sam & Max
I was thinking about it the other day, and I'm wondering.. how would the people here on the happy forums feel about this? It's a pretty crazy idea, but I think it would be pretty cool as well 8D What do you guys think? Comments would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Yeah- especially a themed contest. But who would judge?
  • edited February 2011
    Just wondering what the general structure would be - would we be pitching this to Telltale, or would we keep this forum-based?

Either way, I'm all for it. Sounds like fun. :D
  • edited February 2011
    I'm game :D
  • edited February 2011
    I'd enter and very very likely lose. But I'd still enter.
  • edited February 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    Just wondering what the general structure would be - would we be pitching this to Telltale, or would we keep this forum-based?

Either way, I'm all for it. Sounds like fun. :D

Hmm.. I was thinking that we should just keep it just amongst the fans, but if we seriously pitched this to telltale, that would be awesome. 8D
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah- especially a themed contest. But who would judge?

Hmm.. I don't know, maybe someone who offered to judge or myself. Who knows! ^^ But I don't think I'd be able to do a contest during school unfortunately, maybe the summer. 8D
  • edited February 2011
    Oooh, I'd be in! :D Although with the artists lurking round here my chances of winning are lookin' slim :P
  • edited February 2011
    I'd do my best! With GIMP anyway...>__>
  • edited February 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    Hmm.. I was thinking that we should just keep it just amongst the fans, but if we seriously pitched this to telltale, that would be awesome. 8D

They have the Halloween Fan Art contest, so, we better keep it among the fans.

We first need to find donations for the contest. I'll see what I can donate by myself.
  • edited February 2011
    GinnyN wrote: »
    They have the Halloween Fan Art contest, so, we better keep it among the fans.

We first need to find donations for the contest. I'll see what I can donate by myself.

Oh I see. Thanks! Your contribution is seriously welcome! ^^
  • edited February 2011
    If you want, the TelltaleGames-FC deviantart group could host the contest
  • edited February 2011
    If you want, the TelltaleGames-FC deviantart group could host the contest

:eek: That would seriously be awesome. I was actually thinking of the Sam and Max FC on Deviantart hosting it. It would be great!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Fanart contests? Why, bring 'em on!

Official contests are a bit of a problem. After all, if they just raffle the prices off among all participants, all the effort going into great art feels a bit wasted. On the other hand, if only the "best" pieces actually win, the prices will go to the same persons over and over!
  • edited February 2011
    It can be stipulated that once you win a contest you can't enter again.
    edited February 2011
    And kick out the best artists?? Noooooooo!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Maybe they can judge afterwards? Be involved in some way? Like, prizes, or requests for winners?
  • edited February 2011
    I'm still thinking about donations. If the Telltale Fan Club at DeviantArt is going to host it, a year subscription will be fine? Or something from the Telltale Store?
  • edited February 2011
    If you're looking for some prize donations, I have another copy of the Sam & Max cartoon boxset. :)
    edited February 2011
    Hayley, you're not supposed to give out prizes. You're supposed to win the effing contest!!! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Who's running this contest anyway? Because I can donate prizes, but I forgot to ask that!
  • edited February 2011
    If you're looking for some prize donations, I have another copy of the Sam & Max cartoon boxset. :)

That would seriously be awesome for the Sam and Max fans. 8D Thanks Hayley!
  • edited February 2011
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Who's running this contest anyway? Because I can donate prizes, but I forgot to ask that!

Oh, my bad Ginny. ^^; I'll probably run the contest, and we'll probably have a panel of three judges. If you could donate prizes, that would be awesome. I remember earlier in this forum you mentioned about how a year subscription would be good, the contest being hosted on Deviantart's TellTale and Sam and Max fan clubs. Things have been super busy, but I'm about to get some down time very soon. I'm going to post another thread here in the S&M general discussion forum, and then I'll probably post up judge spots offerings, prize donations, and the theme. Thank you so much, you really are a big help!
  • edited February 2011
    Hey,

for those who are interested in the fan art contest, I posted another thread relative to this.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=453889#post453889

It has more details about the fan art contest, and also how to get into a judging position as well as donate. Please look if you want to participate!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.