Website in Episode 4

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
Did anybody else notice the website listed at the end of the credits of episode 4? I'm surprised nobody's been talking about it here.

The website is valid though it doesn't appear to be 'finished' yet. I can only wonder what we'll be seeing here :)

So as not to spoil anything for those who haven't played it, this is the website:

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I didn't notice that... Cool! :p
  • edited March 2007
    That was the first place I went after typing it up! I wonder if this has any connection to the Soda Poppers website that was made earlier...
  • edited March 2007
    Max for President in '08!

-Maniac
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, I hope they're going to do something cool with that site... it just screams 'merchandise'!
  • edited March 2007
    What's about the www.sodapoppers.com page?

Both pages are registered by Telltale - I'm getting excited :)
  • edited March 2007
    What's about the www.sodapoppers.com page?

Both pages are registered by Telltale - I'm getting excited :)

A cool little Easter Egg in the code for that site:
    <!-- I Can Seee You! -->

• edited March 2007
    Speaking of hidden things - has anyone tried deciphering the text on the "Your Name Here" sign on the side of the White House?
    Is it gibberish, or does it actually have coherent text?
    I think I can make out bits and pieces:
    To inquire about naming rights,
    please contact the something
    something. The current something
    something in negotiations are
    something and something something
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, I saw the website in the credits and went there after I closed the game. I hope more features are added to it.
  • edited March 2007
    Speaking of hidden things - has anyone tried deciphering the text on the "Your Name Here" sign on the side of the White House?

I think it's all gibberish (see attached), even the words you picked out.
  • edited March 2007
    I donno. Maybe your copy got smoothed by the JPEG compression, or I just had my resolution set higher (looks like yours was taken at 1600, though), but I think mine was slightly clearer. I'm pretty confident about the words I could identify.
  • edited March 2007
    While I can kind of see the words you think are there, it still looks a bit like someone typed random keys for the most part...
    I think it says "L is real 2401..." Maybe not...
  • edited March 2007
    the human mind alwys tries to pull sence out of jibberish......... and it can see tings that are not really there..............for eamlxpe it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe
  • edited March 2007

Here is my take:
    Bold indicates I am certain
    Italic partly certain
    Normal text is made up

Id intuive amut admise spastZ,
    please ddntest the anets
    searèthesay the current frost
    seamura in negotiations are
    Mdorvabrak and Thrulled Branossebben

Hey Telltale, any chance on getting a higher resolution version of the sign? Or you could tell us what it says or if it says anything at all, but that would take the fun out of everything :)
  • edited March 2007
    you are all wrong. That looks like a love letter written in brail ;) (remember the ink blob from sybil)
  • edited March 2007
    The website?! That is SO last week. :-p *rolls eyes*

I mentioned it here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23074#post23074

And no one seemed to take any notice.
  • edited March 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    you are all wrong. That looks like a love letter written in brail ;) (remember the ink blob from sybil)

Have you ever seen brail before?

Oh, and if you are blind, I am sorry for using the word "seen".
  • edited March 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Have you ever seen brail before?

Oh, and if you are blind, I am sorry for using the word "seen".

nope, but I regulary find myself waking up in the library, having some blind person trying to read the acnes on my face.
  • edited March 2007
    As an aside, the other day I found myself pondering the braille transcriptions on some room identification signs in a clinic where I was working.
    I noticed that the written description was "Treatment Room 4" but the braille transcription below didn't seem to have enough letters. Turns out there's Braille Grade 1 and Braille Grade 2. In Grade 2, certain common letter combinations are represented by a single character, like "Th", "St" and "Re".
  • edited March 2007
    For naming rights to this building, please contact the office of desperation accounting.

... well, that's what Sam said.

I'd say
    To intuive about naming wpndiz please contact the snels secretary. The current front seemore. In negotiations are Mdorrudnt and Thurull Bramorvthm..... :D
  • edited March 2007
    I find it funny you guys are trying to decifer a sign but nobody has taken note of the book titles in the OO yet.
  • edited March 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    I find it funny you guys are trying to decifer a sign but nobody has taken note of the book titles in the OO yet.
    Well, at least I noticed there was a copy of
    Emetics
  • edited March 2007
    But they are all too easy to decipher, although I didn't originally notice what the black book says... wow, sooooo awesome!

Book titles:

Shelf with Commemorative Plates
    Weapons of Mass Destruction -And Their Everyday Uses-
    Delving into the Psych of the Common Voter
    How to Run a Country Volumes I-X
    Emetics
    Foreign Policy for Ninjas *I WANT THAT BOOK*
    Corrupt Politicians and the Women who Love Them

Shelf with Boxing Gloves
    Truth *Clark*
    Justice *Kel.k?*
    American Way *Kell*
    How to Win a War in 30 Days (apparently still in mint condition)
    Anals of Americana [is there a reason the second n is missing :) ]
Sign in to comment in this discussion.