Does anyone have an Midi of The Office?

edited October 2011 in Sam & Max
I like that song and I would love to play it in synthesia. But it only plays midi and I can't find one for the office anywhere :\

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I was trying to make a midi of the office some year later, but I've lost all my work because of a system failure :(
  • edited March 2011
    Office Midi

This midi-file contains a piano arrangement I made a few years ago of the office theme.

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

:)
  • FlyFly
    edited March 2011
    Hamkaas wrote: »
    Office Midi

This midi-file contains a piano arrangement I made a few years ago of the office theme.

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

:)

I REALLY LIKE THIS. Do you have sheet music for it?
  • edited March 2011
    Fly wrote: »
    I REALLY LIKE THIS. Do you have sheet music for it?

Yep. ( I posted it a very long time ago somewhere on this forum )

You can download the sheet music from this page. The theme is also transcribed for other instruments like saxophone and trumpet.

Enjoy.
  • edited March 2011
    wow, great job!

someone good with fruit loops can do serious thing with this
  • edited March 2011
    Well I figured pretty much most of the song out myself, so I actually don't need an midi now. Thanks for the midi though Hamkaas.

By the way, there are some parts in the midi that are not accurate with the actual song, like in the piano solo at 0:55. Did you change the notes in the solo on purpose because it was too dull, or did you just not know the actual notes? I know the actual notes from the song just so you know.
  • edited March 2011
    Well I figured pretty much most of the song out myself, so I actually don't need an midi now. Thanks for the midi though Hamkaas.

It's always good to figure out stuff like this yourself. I learned a lot about music that way. But at least now you got something to compare it with. :)
    By the way, there are some parts in the midi that are not accurate with the actual song, like in the piano solo at 0:55. Did you change the notes in the solo on purpose because it was too dull, or did you just not know the actual notes? I know the actual notes from the song just so you know.

Ha ha! You're absolutely right, but I was aware of that. I don't remember that much about transcribing this song, since I posted it here in 2008 or something like that. But I think I made those changes because else it would indeed be kinda "dull". In the actual song there is a lot of repeating in this part. It's the arrangement of the song that's keeping it fresh. Like when the brass-section repeats the piano after it's solo. But since I was making a new arrangement for piano-only , I thought it needed some small variations to maintain that freshness. (With keeping the rhythm and feeling intact, so it wouldn't be noticed until now :)) As a jazz fan I just needed to give the solo a bit of personal touch I guess.

I also noticed a small thing in the second measure of the piano solo part. The motive should be the same as in the first one (going up), instead my melody is going down. I can't remember if I did that one on purpose or I made a mistake.
  • edited October 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »
    wow, great job!

someone good with fruit loops can do serious thing with this

Not exactly Fruit Loops, but hope it will do. Sorry about bumping this old thread, but I just wanted to share this since MIDI files for the new Sam and Max games are super rare. I took the file already in this thread and applied some magic using Rosegarden. The file now has seperate piano, bass, and sax parts. Enjoy!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.