Monkey Island on PSN for $9

Hey everyone, i just recently became a fan of telltale games by playing the back to the future game on the playstation network. While searching other telltale games i found Monkey Island all 5 episodes for $9. Can anyone give their opinion on the game and the price? Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2011
    It is a great game, especially at that price.
  • edited February 2011
    I just checked PSN... it's 14 pounds! How the heck is it 9 bucks for you? :)
  • edited February 2011
    Well, for one, if you're seeing the currency of POUNDS, you're probably looking at the UK-PSN, aren't you? A price of 9 DOLLARS could only be found at the US-PSN, I'd say ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Darn it... oh well, I'll change my account (again).
  • edited February 2011
    Darn it... oh well, I'll change my account (again).

How do you change your account?
  • edited February 2011
    by not using your own address..... I do that, the Japanese version of Home is crazy.
  • edited February 2011
    Right, but I thought you couldn't buy anything unless you had a credit card from the country you're buying from, and that Silverwolfpet could somehow manage it. Can you buy anything with your "foreign" credit card?
  • edited February 2011
    Sony has an idiotic way of asking you to create a real account and then shutting you down by telling you: "Oh we're sorry, romania sucks so we don't have support for PSN there. Tough luck!".

So I say: "Well, YOU suck!", being mature about it, and I just give fake names and addresses so I can buy stuff. The money reaches them in a legit way, I get the stuff in a legit way, everything is legit. If they're stupid about it, that's their fault.

I actually contacted Sony several times about this issue... nobody replied. So I took that as an "Ok, do as you want".

I'm in an immature mood today, sorry.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks, but can you use your Romanian credit card to buy stuff on your US account?
  • edited February 2011
    No, I buy PSN dollar-cards with my Romanian credit card. And those work in europe or in usa. Depending on what I want to buy, I choose the appropriate PSN dollar-card (or PSN Euro-card).

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

PayPal makes it safer (in my opinion). There are many people who sell fake cards, but official sites are good. You get the code in an e-mail and that's it.

I heard some people actually used romanian cards to buy directly from the store...but mine doesn't work. Visa or MasterCard has some issues with the PSN store, not sure about it. The important thing is that it is all legal and correct. They get money, I get product.
  • edited February 2011
    I'll try that, thanks very much!
  • edited February 2011
    What? NO! Hahaha, I'm not teaching people to by-pass the normal system. Where are you from? If your country supports PSN or whatever, use THAT service. I'm forced to use something else :p
  • edited February 2011
    giuliop wrote: »
    I'll try that keep this information safe for when I move to Romania or some other country that forces me to use it, thanks very much!

Fixed. :D
  • edited February 2011
    I've registered false address accounts to get demos earlier on PSN... on some occasions thing like themes are free in Japan and cost money for the US.
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I've registered false address accounts to get demos earlier on PSN... on some occasions thing like themes are free in Japan and cost money for the US.

I know...it is unfair. All this political/merchandise stuff...meh.
    When I'll become really famous and I'll make huge budget movies, my movies will cost the same everywhere and they will be available everywhere!

Heck, I'll upload them personally on torrent sites so people who can't buy them will see them anyway!

When you create something cool, the idea is that people should see it! Money comes in second. Always.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.