Fan Art Contest: Underdevelopment!

edited March 2011 in Sam & Max
Hi there! I got a lot of comments of suggestions on a Sam and Max fanart contest here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=453866#post453866

I'd like to thank the people who gave out their ideas on this, and I'm really happy. Thank you!

Anyway, the contest:
The basic idea is a fan art contest. I'm thinking of hosting it on the TellTale-FC on Deviantart, as well as the Sam and Max FC on the same site. I'm still pending on a theme, honestly, and help would be welcomed on a good theme. I was thinking something in which the panel of judges will choose a selection of music, and the contestants draw their own interpretation of the music involving the characters. But ideas will be highly appreciated!

I also need a panel of judges. I will be one. All we need are three more. If you're interested in being a judge, send me a private message, either here on the forums or on Deviantart, in which my account can be found here. http://cheruphim.deviantart.com/

I also heard talk about donations in the last thread post, and it would be great if you guys could donate some stuff. Honestly, I really don't have much to offer, other than a free drawing to one of the winners. If you want to donate something, again, send me a private message here or on Deviantart so we can get the donations under way.

That, is pretty much it. I really hope the best for what can come out of this!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    I was thinking something in which the panel of judges will choose a selection of music, and the contestants draw their own interpretation of the music involving the characters.

I'd say we could pick a piece of music from Season 3 or something, 'cos to me, I think that had the best music. But it's choosing which one...
    or Season 2 even.

I'd be willing to be a judge and donate the complete Sam & Max cartoon series as a prize.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd be willing to participate.

...If I could draw.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd say we could pick a piece of music from Season 3 or something, 'cos to me, I think that had the best music. But it's choosing which one...
    or Season 2 even.

I'd be willing to be a judge and donate the complete Sam & Max cartoon series as a prize.

Good idea! We'll probably choose certain songs, maybe each judge takes songs from each season. I'll do season 1, and if you want, you can do Season 3. ^^

Yes, please do so! ^^ I'll accept you as a judge. As for the cartoon series donations, Ginny-N has already gave some ideas for suggestions.Of course, We'll probably make the complete collection a Grand Prize of some sort.

So far, Ginny-N said she's donating Sam and Max action figures, a free commission, and a year-long subscription on deviantart for dA users. Since you're donating the cartoon series, we could possibly make that a Grand Prize, the action figures being first place, the subscription being second place, and a request from the judges being third place. Thanks for you cooperation, Hayley! ^^
  • edited February 2011
    We'll probably make the complete collection a Grand Prize of some sort.

Do you mean the Complete Collection of the Cartoon Series or the Games? You would wanna specify that when you're saying the prizes just in case people might misunderstand...
  • edited February 2011
    A song is picked, and then what?
  • edited February 2011
    I'd be happy to take part - but as for the prizes, I'm not sure, it seems like most people would already have the games/cartoon series and so on - maybe we need to make sure there's at least one prize that people are guaranteed not to have, not a clue what that would be though :S
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    ... I don't have the cartoon series. ;) ;) ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Sonekana, I replied to your comment on deviantart and I accept the hosting of this contest!
  • edited February 2011
    Sonekana, I replied to your comment on deviantart and I accept the hosting of this contest!

Thank you! I saw this on the TellTale Fan club and was overjoyed! Thanks!
  • edited February 2011
    I'd be happy to take part - but as for the prizes, I'm not sure, it seems like most people would already have the games/cartoon series and so on - maybe we need to make sure there's at least one prize that people are guaranteed not to have, not a clue what that would be though :S

Hmm.. Well, the second and third prize include a year long subscription on Deviantart, as well as the third prize being a free commission from the three judges hosting the contest. But I guess since they are second and third, I guess that doesn't make them that unique..First place is the action figures, donated by GinnyN, and I don't think many people have those items...well, from what I've seen. However, you are right..we'll probably have to think about that prize more thoroughly.. Thanks for you input!
  • edited February 2011
    Do you mean the Complete Collection of the Cartoon Series or the Games? You would wanna specify that when you're saying the prizes just in case people might misunderstand...

Oh, I meant the Complete Cartoon series, my bad. ^^; Thanks for correcting me.
    As for what we're going to do with the contest, I'll probably put up what the judges are going to do with the song choices for each of the seasons, and post it in either this thread or another one, as well as my journal on Deviantart. I'll send what we're going to do to you in a note on Deviantart. Thanks!
  • edited February 2011
    I was thinking, was about this for a line up of prizes:

1- The Cartoon Series, 1 year subcription, 1 commission
    2- The Symbiotes Figures, 1 commission
    3- 1 Commission
  • edited February 2011
    I'd be happy to donate and 3-month DA subscription :) Also journal features for all the winners, or even all the entrants or the contest in general to help generate a bit more interest for it? Which do you guys think would be better?
  • edited February 2011
    I'd willing to be a judge and donate the Sam & Max Season 2 DVD
  • edited February 2011
    I'd be happy to donate and 3-month DA subscription :) Also journal features for all the winners, or even all the entrants or the contest in general to help generate a bit more interest for it? Which do you guys think would be better?

Well, we got a year long Deviantart subscription donated by Ginny N, but I think the journal features, as well as news features for the contest would really be great. Of course, that's my opinion, feel free to ask the other judges too if you'd like. ^^
  • edited February 2011
    I'd willing to be a judge and donate the Sam & Max Season 2 DVD

That's great! We got a lot of prizes going on though, but if you want to donate still, feel free to do so. As for the judging, sure, why not! Though the judges are going to decide on the songs used for the contest, I'm doing season 1 and Hayley is doing Season 3, and I'll ask GinnyN if she'd like to choose season 2's songs. We're still working on it, and thank you much for your support!
  • edited February 2011
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I was thinking, was about this for a line up of prizes:

1- The Cartoon Series, 1 year subcription, 1 commission
    2- The Symbiotes Figures, 1 commission
    3- 1 Commission

That's great! We also have mightypiratetm willing to donate the Season 2 DVD, so that would make a great 3rd place gift if possible. Great line-up, thank you much!
  • edited February 2011
    Well, we got a year long Deviantart subscription donated by Ginny N, but I think the journal features, as well as news features for the contest would really be great. Of course, that's my opinion, feel free to ask the other judges too if you'd like. ^^

I was thinking since it was only 3 months it would go to second place? But yeah, I can start journal features as soon as the contest's opened :) I'm sure Joe from samandmax.co.uk (not sure if they're here or on DA?) would be interested if we got in contact :)
  • edited February 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    A song is picked, and then what?

We're still deciding on it, but mainly the contestant will draw a picture that kinda corresponds with the songs. I'm thinking the contest will probably start in the beginning of March, so we'll post that stuff then!
  • edited February 2011
    I was thinking since it was only 3 months it would go to second place? But yeah, I can start journal features as soon as the contest's opened :) I'm sure Joe from samandmax.co.uk (not sure if they're here or on DA?) would be interested if we got in contact :)

Yeah.. that might be pretty interesting.. I'll probably add it to the list. That'd be great! I'm aiming that our contest might be open March 1st, but I'll check with the judges before that. If you can get in contact with him and you're able to spread the word either here or on Deviantart, that'd be great!
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, I've e-mailed Joe on samandmax.co.uk so hopefully he'll like the idea! :)

Edit: Joe says he'll be happy to put up a news post for it when it launches :D
  • edited February 2011
    I've Finally posted the Rules! (ver. 1)

http://cheruphim.deviantart.com/journal/38702830/#comments

If any of the judges have any questions about the rules or want to improve it, please note me either here or on deviantart! If any of the contestants have any questions, just comment on it on Deviantart. ^^
  • edited February 2011
    Nice choices!
  • edited February 2011
    World of Max or 305's intro, tough choice D:
  • edited February 2011
    Sweet. I'm definitely entering.
  • edited February 2011
    God, I want to do Skunk'ape Action so bad.

Keeping tabs on that journal.
  • edited February 2011
    Oooh, I do love The Office - shame Cruisin' isn't there but it IS hard to pick from the Season One music :D
  • edited February 2011
    Excellent plan. Really like what we have! :D

Was I correct in reading that someone is providing Season One and Season Two (the games)? maybe...?

Well, in any case, I dunno yet, but with the hope of God next week, I'm getting extra copies of Seasons One and Two on DVD and I'd be delighted to donate them as prizes too. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Excellent plan. Really like what we have! :D

Was I correct in reading that someone is providing Season One and Season Two (the games)? maybe...?

Well, in any case, I dunno yet, but with the hope of God next week, I'm getting extra copies of Seasons One and Two on DVD and I'd be delighted to donate them as prizes too. :)

Hmm, we did? I shall check. I wasn't for sure, so I didn't point it down because I wasn't sure who was donating it. But if I do know, I'll add them for the third place prize. ^^
  • edited February 2011
    The Rules (ver. 2)

We've finally added HIT THE ROAD soundtracks as well from internetakias, AKA themightypirate on the forums. So now we have a total of EIGHT tracks to choose from! Go Get 'em!

http://cheruphim.deviantart.com/journal/38702830/
  • edited February 2011
    Another thing:

Would March 1st be a good date for the contest to start?

I'm thinking about having the contest run through March and end around April, so what do you judges think!
  • edited February 2011
    Ooh. I'm going for the Jurgen Lair song. Hells yeah!

That or the Trixie one.

I'm not a judge but March 1 sounds good to me
  • edited February 2011
    I'll let ye know once I get them anyway. Yeah, I think 1st March is good. Maybe ending it around the beginning of April (like the 10th maybe?)
  • edited February 2011
    I'll let ye know once I get them anyway. Yeah, I think 1st March is good. Maybe ending it around the beginning of April (like the 10th maybe?)

Alright, that's great! Do you think you can tell the other judges?
  • edited February 2011
    Alright, that's great! Do you think you can tell the other judges?

'Bout the closing date? Will do!
  • edited February 2011

*cries tears of joy* Thank you!
  • edited February 2011
    Sonekana! Season One and Season Two came in the post today! You can add them to the prize list if you'd like! :)
  • edited February 2011
    Sonekana! Season One and Season Two came in the post today! You can add them to the prize list if you'd like! :)

Great! Thanks!
  • edited March 2011
    The contest is now open here!

http://telltalegames-fc.deviantart.com/

If you're on Deviantart, you can always submit pictures in the folder labelled "Sam and Max Contest". Let's hope for some spankin' submissions you guys! ^^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.