Welcome to the King's Quest Forums

Welcome to the King's Quest forums!

We're thrilled to bring back the classic adventure series in episodic form!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I never thought I'd see this subforum on the forums. In a way, this is a sort of historic thing. Lucasarts and Sierra properties being developed by the same studio? What kind of alternate dimension have I stumbled into!?
  • edited February 2011
    What kind of alternate dimension have I stumbled into!? :p
    You're traveling to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop, The Telltale Zone!
  • edited February 2011
    Mike Haley wrote: »
    You're traveling to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop, The Telltale Zone!

Zaqx6.jpg
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2011
    I, personally, cannot wait to start on this classic franchise that is so dear to my nostalgic heart.

Can. Not. Wait.

I'll be hanging out in this forum keeping pace with our fans. I'm a huge fan, too!
  • edited February 2011
    I'll be following this forum closely myself. I spent the last several years animating for a KQ fan-game (TSL) and based on my lack of sanity thanks to that project, I should want nothing else to do with King's Quest at this point. But the reboot idea has fascinated me to no end, so I want to jump on-board and see what happens.
  • edited February 2011
    I cant wait to get the details... I hope Graham or the kids are the main characters.. they could even each have an episode... I know the term reboot has been kicked around but I hope it starts after Graham is king.

KQ is not a franchise I thought would ever get resurrected beyond fan games.
  • edited February 2011
    You'll certainly be under a lot of scrutiny, Mr. Sinaz20. All our hopes are apparently riding on you if you're leading this thing. Please listen to the fans. Sierra doesn't usually get as much love around here, but there are those out there who loved it and I can see you did too. Please keep us as in the know as possible.

EDIT: A lot of the apprehension and negativity towards this bold move by Telltale is to do with the fact that what seems to be the general attitude that people from Telltale give (some who have even said openly, like Dave Grossman) is to look down their noses at anything related to Sierra and their design philosophy. Like it's not worth anything at all. Honestly, that's more of a Sierra vs LucasArts point of view than anything any fan has ever said on these forums simply due to the fact that they are the developers. The very notion that Sierra is inferior, as they always seem to say whatever chance they get, makes this whole ordeal of Telltale obtaining King's Quest rights rub Sierra fans the wrong way.

If I and other longtime Sierra fans are going to feel ok with this we just want to know that Telltale are going to treat this franchise and its history with respect and not look down its nose at a well-established franchise with excellent gaming mechanics (not all excellent, but that's not false of LucasArts or Telltale games either). Not look at it as something that was inferior and needs to be "done right." I think that's the general fear here. We do have cause for caution and even alarm here based on what was publicly stated in the past. I can't get past that.....yet.
  • edited February 2011
    Who'd have thought a few years ago that we'd have new Monkey Island and King's Quest games? I like the mix of old and new games, fantastic!
  • edited February 2011
    I am extremely happy about the King's Quest news. What I would not give for the chance to work on the new games.
  • edited February 2011
    I think when the first one came out I was in the bread basket. :eek:

Though I'll keep my eye on this.
  • edited February 2011
    Ah, so now I see where The Brothers Chaps got the idea to create Peasant's Quest. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Ah, so now I see where The Brothers Chaps got the idea to create Peasant's Quest. :D
  • edited February 2011

Oh the Irony... :D
  • edited February 2011
    Reboots. Reboots reboots reboots EVERYWHERE.
    I hope that this trend will die as soon as possible, however legitimately may have been used in this case.
    Which brings me to the question: did you chose to reboot the saga, or did the company that handed out the rights told you to do so?
    I've only read that you "agreed" to do so, but among yourselves or with the company who holds the rights?
  • edited February 2011
    Perfect timing, I'm just discovering the King's Quest series and I thought to myself the other day "It'd be cool if Telltale picked up the KQ series"
    For it to work though it needs to be as challenging as possible. Death screen and crazy complex puzzles.
  • edited February 2011
    I am super ecstatic. Can we have it super difficult please? or at least difficulty level? :P
  • edited February 2011
    I cant wait to see the art style.. how will Graham look?
  • edited February 2011
    *Arjak squeals in excitement like a teenage girl!*

Seriously, I grew up on King's Quest. When I read the latest newsletter revealing this, I almost flipped. I have almost every game in the original series from Sierra, as well as their other major Quest series.

Now if you can just get the rights to make new Zork games, my life will be complete!;)
  • edited October 2011
    Arjak wrote: »
    Seriously, I grew up on King's Quest.

...me too. Just like the SQ series. Back in '86 when I was 10, imagine how THRILLED I was playing these games, (Police Quest, Larry 1, KQ, SQ) on our PC. Even with our green chrome monitor, it looked awesome. I'll never forget the feeling I had when I played those games for the first time, now 25 years ago. Geez, how time flies. Looking forward to new adventures!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.