Old Sierra Logo

You know the music and the look of the old logo... I think TTG should try to parody it...

Something like this but better... + points if they have it morph into something.... like Max's head since he is sort of their unofficial mascot.

ttgk.jpg

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I would love this.
  • edited February 2011
    That's a fannytastic idea. No really, I would absolutely ADORE that.
  • edited February 2011
    That's awesome. All it needs is the sparkle and the Sierra fanfare.
  • edited February 2011
    This absolutely must be done.
  • edited February 2011
    I concur.
  • edited February 2011
    Love the idea.

I would not call it parody though, but homage. Sierra meant a lot for old adventure gamers, and seeing something like this would be more tender than laughable, at least for me.
  • edited February 2011
    yeah I suppose you're right.
  • edited February 2011
    Wow. Am I really the only one that would find that insulting to Sierra's legacy? Whatever. Let the fanbabies have their bottle.
  • edited February 2011
    Lambonius wrote: »
    Wow. Am I really the only one that would find that insulting to Sierra's legacy? Whatever. Let the fanbabies have their bottle.

I think this would be a nice touch.
  • edited February 2011
    Activision owns the Sierra name as well as the properties, right? Maybe they'll let Telltale publish the game with the actual Sierra name and logo.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeeeeaaaaahhhh. I'm kinda with Lamb on this one. I don't think this would send the right message...a neat idea, though. I almost like it.
  • edited February 2011
    I like the idea of visually merging the Sierra and Telltale logos, but not the morphing into Max's head... I strongly feel the Sierra games should be kept totally distinct from the LucasArts legacy games.

While on this subject, I would also like to say that even the concept of running into Monkey Island, Sam & Max etc. references in Daventry fills me with dread... It would badly hurt the atmosphere.
  • edited February 2011
    I do not think that TTG would actually put Sam, Max or any other characters into KQ... they didnt even put Max into Monkey Island as an easter egg and that had been kind of a tradition.

Also I do not see how thinking it would be cool to have a Sierra like logo at the front of the game makes me a fanbaby in need of a bottle.... sure I guess I am a little thirsty... :p I also do not see how it would be insulting ... I think it would be more of a bow of repect and recognition to a house that contributed to a genre that in many ways gave the people at TTG a job to work in now from work they started 30 years ago... KQ was the very first PC and adventure game I had ever played... had it been a bad game I would not have continued playing adventure games at all.... I think its the same for many people here that we talk to every day... for that I am VERY grateful to Sierra as it was and Lucasarts.

So not its not insulting in the least.
  • edited February 2011
    While on this subject, I would also like to say that even the concept of running into Monkey Island, Sam & Max etc. references in Daventry fills me with dread... It would badly hurt the atmosphere.

Didn't Sierra have a Monkey Island reference in Castle of Dr. Brain? :p
  • edited February 2011
    I have yet to play that game, but there were some references both ways over the years... Only, here they would be referring to themselves, so it would lack that "poking the other company with a stick" charm. :p
  • edited February 2011
    Ok seriously folks if TTG do NOT do something like this Sierra as a company will probably not be referenced at all.... Im pretty sure Activision will be the logo they have to use... considering that is the current owner and Sierra is gone.
  • edited February 2011
    Just to be clear, I would love to see the return of the Sierra logo - any Sierra logo. Sierra deserves to be named prominently, if that is legally doable.
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I do not think that TTG would actually put Sam, Max or any other characters into KQ... they didnt even put Max into Monkey Island as an easter egg and that had been kind of a tradition.

Well this Sam & Max commercial thingie is still there in Tomi 105...
    Didn't Sierra have a Monkey Island reference in Castle of Dr. Brain? :p
    Didn't SoMI have a Sierra-Style death message?

Ah yes. This one:
    1154.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    are you talking about Banang?

No I talk about the Max pirate flag and the link to the site for Sam & Max Season 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1naGEoyFV4k#t=5m50s
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah it would be great if the game opens with the old Sierra musical intro, with a TTG version of the logo :).
  • edited February 2011
    I liked the 2002-2008 Sierra logo, and think it'd be interesting if they did (or could) put that together with the 80s-90s jingle.
  • edited February 2011
    If they can legally get away with that, I approve of the idea.

I'd also really approve of seeing the old KQ 5-6 title screen popping up shortly after with the same old music.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm loving that mockup in the original post. I hope Telltale does something like that!
  • edited February 2011

I think it would be pretty funny if Graham stuck his head in a hole in a rock, just to see a full-blown trailer for Jurassic Park or something, like what Sierra itself did in KQII with a trailer for Space Quest.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    I'd love to actually see the real Sierra logo. I used to pick up Sierra games all the time, and was always impressed with the art and music. The slightly different logos in all of the games with the Sierra fanfare were a big part of that. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah it was for me too... not only did it mean that I got the game installed correctly but it was like a signal for a brand new adventure... It always made me excited.
  • edited February 2011
    Me, too! :)
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah its like the FOX fanfare at the start of a Star Wars movie... its just not the same without it.... Like in the Clone Wars cartoon movie I took the kids to in the theater it was strange without it.
  • edited February 2011
    And like Jennifer mentioned, the slight variations to the logo and that music added to the thrill. It always remained an instantly recognisable signal that you were about to embark on a Sierra adventure!
  • edited February 2011
    ... not only did it mean that I got the game installed correctly...

You nailed it with this one.
  • edited March 2011
    How about starting with the classic mountain logo morph and during the peak of the fanfare, the logo flips section by section into this TTG logo? I think that would be kinda cool to see, especially if they brought someone on board from old Sierra to help out with the games.
  • edited March 2011
    Cool idea!
  • edited March 2011
    Meh, I do what I can.
  • edited March 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Well this Sam & Max commercial thingie is still there in Tomi 105...

Didn't SoMI have a Sierra-Style death message?

Ah yes. This one:
    1154.jpg

Didn't KQ7 have the mummiefied thing from Day Of The Tentacle in Ooga Booga land (in the pumkin treehouse)???
  • yep! It was the Rubber Tree in the 3rd puzzle hall. Using "Look" on it says: "It's a rubber tree. These can be very useful for when you fall off a cliff.", which the main character in Monkey Island can fall down a cliff, and bounce back up, saying "He landed on a rubber tree"

Simo Sakari Aaltonen wrote: » While on this subject, I would also like to say that even the concept of running into Monkey Island, Sam &

Sign in to comment in this discussion.