Your FAMILY

edited February 2011 in General Chat
So any one who read my pain thread has sort of met my family. They probably have a vaque idea what is what. I think interesting and some what humorous self relizations can come out of your personal insights of your family.

So, what about your families? I know it's hard to share, really, almost terrifying if not for fear of embarassment, just repressing it and bringing it out into the open takes courage. :p

But what's your perspective on your family situation?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    But what's your perspective on your family situation?

Right now were all over the place emotinaly. My grandma has cancer and all we can do is hope for the best.
  • edited February 2011
    My mother was a loving but harsh taskmaster who sympathized with nobody who cried, emphasizing that anything less than the best was not good enough. Think "Tiger Mother". In my teens I rebelled, though now in my older twenties I appreciate our relationship though I would not emulate it entirely. However throughout my life she pushed me. I played piano, guitar drums, learned other languages, painted, drew, wrote, acted, sung.

I appreciate her perfectionism and her Alpha nature. Because of that I have a relentless drive to be the best and a keen competitive streak. I have toned down my harsher edges as an adult but the drive to overcome all obstacles is something that will never leave me.

I love her, but we will always be competing against one another, until the day she is gone.
  • edited February 2011
    Well there's my cousin who has planned her life with her boyfriend Justin Beiber:D

Other than that, everyones crazy.
  • edited February 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Right now were all over the place emotinaly. My grandma has cancer and all we can do is hope for the best.

I know what it's like to see some one suffer like this in your family. Please have the courage and strength to be a supporter so that you can get the support from others around you that you may not even realize you need at this time.

I made the mistake of telling my grand father it was time to let go, die, I watched him starve to death done to his bones. What this did to me, well, my relationships with my family members were not strengthened and I regret deeply that I was not there for my grand father and that others weren't there for me as I supported him.

These sort of things should have a strong, healthy family bond, until they are seen through. It's times like these that it's most important family members come to together or atleast are able to find support, give support when necessary. Other wise your family is just going to go through this sort of thing and you'll spend years here after picking up loose pieces.

Our grandfather moved in with us, I watched him struggle for 5 years. It was hard living with that, especially at my age. I didn't know how to respond, he's been dead for about 4 years and I still feel pain around the room he was in, I still have a distaste for life.

You only have emotion because you're upset. You don't want to loose what you got. Don't let that drive you away from what you have.
This discussion has been closed.