Which former Sierra writers/designers would you like to see involved?

I would really love it if Telltale could get a hold of some former Sierra people to serve as writers/designers/creative consultants on the project. I thought I'd start a thread and poll about it to see which particular figures fans would like to see involved.

Edit: Sorry the poll only lets you select one. I don't know if I can change that.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Oh, this should be fun...
  • edited February 2011
    Lorelei Shannon not on there? But out of those, the most realistic sounding (to me at least) would be Jane Jensen.
  • edited February 2011
    Sslaxx wrote: »
    Shannon Lorelei not on there? But out of those, the most realistic sounding (to me at least) would be Jane Jensen.

Oops... Yeah. I figured I missed a bunch a people when making the poll. I'm not sure how to edit it. I've actually never made a poll on here before. I also really want to fix that typo in Scott Murphy's name.
  • edited February 2011
    Seeing how Jane Jensen is the only active designer at the moment and that she wrote KQ6 (my favorite of the series), I voted for her. Also, having her around the TTG offices could pave the way for a new Gabriel Knight game at some point.

Which would be impossibly awesome. Oh and it's Lorelei Shannon, not the other way around.
  • edited February 2011
    What, no "all of the above" option?
  • edited February 2011
    No "just the first two" either, so I went with Roberta.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd rather Josh Mandel. Realistically, Roberta won't do it. Josh probably definitely would, though. And he'd do a great job.
  • edited February 2011
    I voted for Josh. Anyway this guy helped KQ original and fan games. He's cool :)
  • edited February 2011
    All of the people mentioned are top creatives, but they need to hold off on hiring Scott Murphy until they do Space Quest, and Al Lowe until they eventually acquire the Larry licence. Whether before or after they have bought Apple, Microsoft and the time-space continuum. :p

Roberta, Jane and Josh are the Holy Trinity of King's Quest writing. And of those not mentioned, Lorelei Shannon did great work on KQVII. What they could do for starters is poll the main creators of KQ on what they feel are the greatest strengths of the property and go on from there.
  • edited February 2011
    Roberta, Jane and Josh are the Holy Trinity of King's Quest writing.

Josho is important simply because, as far as many people are concerned, he IS King Graham.
  • edited February 2011
    That too, of course. :) (I just thought in terms of writing due to the way the question was set.)
  • edited March 2011
    Telltale and I have spoken a bit lately, but there's nothing more I can (or should) say about it!

But I would love to be King Graham for Telltale, and I trust them completely with the property.

--Josh

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=574476
  • edited March 2011

Wow, awesome. Josh is the coolest. He's been a real pal to us over at IA, offering input and voicework pretty much whenever we've asked him. It makes me feel a bit better about the project knowing that he's been consulted--if even briefly--and seems to approve.
  • edited March 2011

WOW, that's awesome, awesome, AWESOME news! Just made my night! :)

I sincerely hope he's involved, at least as the voice of King Graham!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.