Does anyone know the joke Max tells about Chester Arthur, the Pope, and the candiru?

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
It goes by too fast to write it down word for word.

The first time I heard it a few days ago I literally fell out of my chair. :p

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Can you put on subtitles and screencap the words?
  • edited March 2007
    Which episode was this? We need details, man! :p just kidding, but it most certainly would be a great help if we could figure out the episode you were on when you heard it.
  • edited March 2007
    Episode 4. Probably among the funniest parts of the episode, imo.
  • edited March 2007
    Oh, I'm in luck! I'm on episode 4 just now :D I'll probably come across it eventually :D

Also: was it anywhere near as funny as
    Finding leonard stuffed in the closet? I laughed my ass off when I saw that.
  • edited March 2007
    The game has many many points that are funnier than Leonard in the closet.
  • edited March 2007
    It's in episode 4 when Max is debating Lincoln. The fact that certain words are censored makes it even more hilarious.
  • edited March 2007
    Spoiler tag, spoiler tag!
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah umm Max's joke was 90% censored out hahahaha
  • edited March 2007
    Has anyone actually looked up what a candiru fish is? ;)
  • edited March 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Has anyone actually looked up what a candiru fish is? ;)

Is that a Venture Bros reference I spy?
  • edited March 2007
    Heh... I don't think so, although I do enjoy the venture brothers :)

It is a real fish, though, unfortunately.
  • edited March 2007
    I just found its wiki page and....

OMFG! :eek:
  • edited March 2007
    isnt that the one that goes into your pee hole? remember that on one of those films made by the Rock
  • edited March 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »

Now load a saved game and listen to Max's joke. Just make sure you aren't drinking coffee.
  • edited March 2007
    Just took four screenshots. Enjoy:
    It seems Chester A. Arthur and the pope were kayaking down the amazon one day. Suddenly a tiny candiru fish swims up the pope's *censored* and lodges itself in his *censored*. Arthur grabs the pope's *censored* pliers and *censored* swelled up like a melon. And the pope says, "Thanks! Last time that happened, McKinley wanted to *censored*!"
  • edited March 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »

Another good reason not to swim in the nude :p
  • edited March 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Just took four screenshots. Enjoy:
    Thanks! :D
  • edited March 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    Another good reason not to swim in the nude :p

And an even better reason not to pee in the pool... I am going to tell every little kid I know that there is a Candiru fish in every swimming pool!

I wish I had a good enough imagination to fill in all of the censored words :(
  • edited March 2007
    This reminds me of one aspect in which this episode is 100% better than Sam & Max Hit the Road:
    The "bleep" censor noise doesn't hurt my head! Did anyone else here fear talking to the psychic in HTR because of those horribly painful "bleep"s?

As for the joke in episode 4, I'm pretty sure the first censored word should be "urethra..."
  • edited March 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    This reminds me of one aspect in which this episode is 100% better than Sam & Max Hit the Road:
    The "bleep" censor noise doesn't hurt my head! Did anyone else here fear talking to the psychic in HTR because of those horribly painful "bleep"s?

As for the joke in episode 4, I'm pretty sure the first censored word should be "urethra..."

I disagree. That was the best part of HtR.
  • edited March 2007
    I thought it was funny, but the sound effect they chose hurt my ears. Ruined the joke for me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.