Locations

edited February 2011 in Kings Quest Game
Assuming that this is not a remake of King's Quest I, what locations from the KQ series would you most like to revisit? I'd like to see a return to the Land of the Green Isles the most, maybe Serenia.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'd settle for just seeing more of Daventry. Even though the geography in Daventry wasn't exactly consistent between KQ1, the cutscene in KQ5, and MOE, it'd be nice to see an expansion of the kingdom.

Green Isles would also be nice, although I've gotten my Green Isles fix from TSL.

Other than that, I think new kingdoms would be the wise move. After all, there wasn't a lot of revisiting old kingdoms in the original series, so why start now?
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I agree that too much revisiting risks going against official KQ tradition, but in this case it would be symbolically very important to get to play in Daventry again, ideally with Graham. :)
  • edited February 2011
    It would be nice to explore a wide open Daventry, but lets face it, in the tradition of TT games we'll probably be limited to a max of 3 confined locations.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I agree that too much revisiting risks going against official KQ tradition, but in this case it would be symbolically very important to get to play in Daventry again, ideally with Graham. :)

I agree with everything you've said. The land of the green isles is fun and all, but it ends up being fan service if revisited again, imo.

Daventry works since it is an important part of the KQ mythos and not much of the land is explored in KQ1.
  • edited February 2011
    rDyJE.jpg

See this map? See where it says unknown? That's where I want to go.
  • edited February 2011
    Me too, one day, but I also reckon at least the Daventry part of the map is probably very incomplete and leaves out huge areas. Because I want to see more Daventry. :p
  • edited February 2011
    See this map? See where it says unknown? That's where I want to go.

Your picture is larger. but i can see very clearly...:)
  • edited February 2011
    I agree that Daventry would be the best place to re-visit. In my opinion the Green Isles is way too specific (i.e. The Silver Lining feels more like King's Quest VI part 2 than King's Quest IX). On the other hand, creating a brand new location has the risk of straying too far from KQ. Daventry has the greatest potential to be expanded upon while still providing a genuine KQ experience.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.