A theory on 305.. could be a load of nonsense though...

If re-watching Bender's Big Score has thought me anything, it's that paradoxes are always corrected, and copies of people are always doomed.

Taking that into account with regards to Chariot Of The Dogs, when the Freelance Police did quite a lot of time travel, it would appear that in 305 we discover that Sam & Max went on two totally different routes, maybe somehow this created duplicate copies of Sam & Max, and the reason for them to turn into horrible monsters was not a mistake... maybe because THEY were the duplicates. And thus, were destined to be destroyed.

So if you think of it that way... the Sam and Max that got reunited in 305 were perhaps not the new Sam & Max, but the real Sam & Max.

..Either that, or it had something to do with an alternate universe. But I don't want to believe in that because it was time travel that was involved and not travelling to alternate universes.

You have no need to agree with this, I just wanted to share one of these theories I like to make up after I finish a game that's left quite a bit up in the air for debate. :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    That actually seems a pretty good theory - although wouldn't it mean that the original and duplicate Sam & Maxes somehow got mixed up? (Being that the 'real' Max and the 'alternate' Sam were the ones who died?)

Just a thought.
  • edited February 2011
    That actually seems a pretty good theory - although wouldn't it mean that the original and duplicate Sam & Maxes somehow got mixed up? (Being that the 'real' Max and the 'alternate' Sam were the ones who died?)

Just a thought.

Well, my view was that that wasn't the real Max that died, but instead HIS duplicate. And somehow, yes, their duplicates got mixed up with one another and the real Sam & Maxes got reunited in the end.
  • edited March 2011
    well both max did look and they are not to bright
  • edited March 2011
    Well, my view was that that wasn't the real Max that died, but instead HIS duplicate. And somehow, yes, their duplicates got mixed up with one another and the real Sam & Maxes got reunited in the end.

I've considered that possibility, also. Maybe during Chariots of the Dogs, while Sam was talking to his double, the two Maxes switched. And Max, being Max, didn't notice, either.
  • edited March 2011
    skullbank wrote: »
    I've considered that possibility, also. Maybe during Chariots of the Dogs, while Sam was talking to his double, the two Maxes switched. And Max, being Max, didn't notice, either.

J'ya know what's actually sad, is that fact that I should've read the Wiki before even thinking about this theory. 'Cos I think I prefer with what actually goes in the game rather than making up stuff.

I love to have a good oul' ponder stuff, like.

... but just for the sake of not having a so-called 'new' Max, I just thought of that then.
  • edited March 2011
    Actually, I had the same idea about 305 by watching Futurama. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that way. No matter what people say, I believed the Sam and Max at the end are the real ones.
  • edited March 2011
    real I don't care sam and max have mast whit time a lots so saying one max is new are old is as childish as how they treat there past and future versions of them self
Sign in to comment in this discussion.