Max seems to have more psychic powers than given...

edited March 2011 in Sam & Max
Well, I'd say only 2. You know when you go into Max Mode, you see hallucinations of things that aren't actually there, like beach balls, and stuff? Either those are part of Max's hive mind or he may have clairovoiance (sp?).

And when Max gets his latent psychic powers, he also had been able to levitate (BTW, wouldn't it be cool if those were one of those playable psychic powers? Like a balloon?). And why was Can 'o Nuts only used in Episode 2? It would be awesome to use them somewhere else.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Well, it's implied that Max doesn't really need the Toys to use his powers. They just serve as something through which to channel them until the psychics either become more experienced or have their psychic potential unleashed by happenstance. As long as Max (or any psychic) knows what powers he (or she) has, and which she (or he) could possibly use, he doesn't need the toys.
  • edited February 2011
    I suppose he must've had more than what we saw, I mean, Sammun-Mak could control people/minds, so surely Max would be able to too?
  • edited February 2011
    Once again, I'm reminded to finish my huge page on how psychics in Sam & Max work.
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah i was wondering about that too!
    And Sammun-Mak sees things like anubis, sarcophaguses(spelling?) and other egyptian stuff...
    Hmmm....
  • edited March 2011
    When controlling Maximus in The Tomb of Sammun-mak, he sees bowler hats and mustaches on the people and objects around him. This implies two things: he's a little obsessed with Sameth, and that the images a psychic sees are based on their personality.
  • edited March 2011
    ragdoll556 wrote: »
    When controlling Maximus in The Tomb of Sammun-mak, he sees bowler hats and mustaches on the people and objects around him. This implies two things: he's a little obsessed with Sameth, and that the images a psychic sees are based on their personality.

Well I'd like to see you stay focused and rational in a world full of beautiful bowler hats and handlebar mustaches!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.