Unused Material from the original King's Quests (and other Sierra games)!

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Anything regarding on what was unused for the other sirrea games, like Larry?
  • edited April 2011
    ATMachine wrote: »

-There's an ornate close-up of a keyhole. I have no clue where it was to be used.

If I am not mistaken, in the final game, you can look at a keyhole? in Al's room or the treasure room to see the guard dogs walking back and forth.
  • edited April 2011
    Note to myself: Commenting on the details of various pieces of Sierra art should best be left to ATMachine. :)
    Darkblader wrote: »
    Anything regarding on what was unused for the other sirrea games, like Larry?
    I posted a link to a site I made with unused material from several Sierra games, (including the LSL series) in the first post in this thread.
    doom saber wrote: »
    If I am not mistaken, in the final game, you can look at a keyhole? in Al's room or the treasure room to see the guard dogs walking back and forth.
    I think you're right. It's been a long time since I've played that game, but I think you can indeed look through the keyholes of several of the doors in the castle during the Short Path.
  • edited April 2011
    I forgot to mention that, on the background of the entrance gate to the Winged Ones' city, there are far more nests visible in the city than in the final game. Also there's not a temple visible in one of the nests, which was added later, to be a residence for Azure and Aeriel.
  • edited April 2011
    Does anyone know anything about a cutscene of Larry doing a wolf like reactions of being in a certain woman's room in love for sail?
  • edited April 2011
    OK, I also forgot to mention that, similarly to the significant foliage changes to the stone archer's gate background on the Isle of the Beast that Akril mentioned already, the forest visible on the beach at the Isle of Wonder was also touched up. Specifically, the trees surrounding the trail to the north were made thicker and denser.

Darkblader: Sorry, I've never played any of the Larry games, so I can't help you there.
  • edited April 2011
    And something else I forgot to mention: the original background for the pawn shop interior has a human skull in the lower right-hand corner, which was later removed and replaced with other junk. Probably it was too much of a red herring, since players need a skull in order to prepare one of the magic spells.

In fairness to Akril, I should point out that, not long before she posted here about the backgrounds I uploaded to the KQ Omnipedia, I'd already done a thorough comparison of all the KQ6 in-game backgrounds to the original art, just to satisfy myself of the differences. I certainly couldn't notice all those things without having done a close comparison!
  • There's tons of cool unused stuff in Sierra's games. It's also worth checking out demo versions of games. I found some stuff in Sierra's Shivers demo, which you can see on this Shiver page

Sign in to comment in this discussion.