KQ4 Remake

Okay, so now there are remakes of the first 3 KQ games.

Has anyone heard anything lately about Magic Mirror Games' KQ4 remake?

I know they have their own forums, but I can't even get it to activate a forum account for me, and as far as I can tell noone seems to be saying much of anything at all about it there anymore lately.

Does anyone else know what's going on with this project?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    No activation of forum accounts... nobody talking... no updates...

Dead.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd say KQ4 remake is dead in the water.
  • edited March 2011
    The last update was in October, 2010. Probably still alive, but but quite close to the edge of oblivion, considering the update before that was in 2009.
  • edited September 2011
    KQ4 was my favorite of them all until KQ6 arrived. If the voice acting were decent, I'd even be happy with a voiceover patch of the original.
  • edited September 2011
    I tend to agree.

To be honest, I loved the AGDI remakes of KQ1-3 and would be over the moon about them remaking KQ4, but they say that they have neither the permission, nor the desire to make fan-made KQ games anymore.

It's too bad really.
  • edited September 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    To be honest, I loved the AGDI remakes of KQ1-3 and would be over the moon about them remaking KQ4, but they say that they have neither the permission, nor the desire to make fan-made KQ games for free anymore.

Fixed that for you.
  • edited September 2011
    No way that I'd buy an AGDI KQ game...
  • edited September 2011
    I never said anything about having to buy it.
  • edited September 2011
    So I gather you mean you'd like Activision to pay you guys for it
  • edited September 2011
    or to be otherwise sponsored
  • edited September 2011
    AGDI:s remakes are wonderful to say the least, I love them! Hope that they will some day remake pt 4. And yes, I would gladly pay
  • edited September 2011
    I wouldn't mind paying for a well-made KQ4 remake.
  • edited September 2011
    I would wonder if it were feasible for AGDI to have a sort of fund-raiser or something. Not an event exactly, but to define a budget within which they could build a KQ4 remake; have a section of their site or something devoted to displaying how much money they have collected toward meeting that budget requirement; then commit to building the game once the desired amount has been reached.
  • edited September 2011
    I would pay for an AGDI remake. Not an exhorbitant amount, but between $10-$20 bucks for sure.

Bt
  • edited September 2011
    I don't think they are allowed to raise any money for doing the Sierra-remakes. Unfortunately
  • edited September 2011
    Actually, I don't think they're allowed to profit from the sale and distribution.

Is the law the same for investing in the production of a fan-made game to merely offset the cost?

edit: actually, would one have to consider such funds an investment or could it be called a donation?
  • edited September 2011
    I'm pretty sure AGDI isn't allowed to even receive donations for their Sierra-inspired games. Any monetary compensation they receive shifts too far into the gray area of copyright infringement. ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Its really too bad..... I really want KQIV to be updated... Although I-IV it needed it the least.
  • edited September 2011
    If I were at AGDI I wouldn't want to work on another King's Quest game even if donations were available. I think there's a lot of skill there and at some point you have to parlay that into a career.

Of course I'm also intensely greedy.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't expect them to but I'd love it if ADGI remade KQ4. They did a great job with KQ1-3.
  • edited September 2011
    They are parlaying it into a commercial company, though. They already had Al Emmo, and they've got the QfG-esque game coming up, whose name escapes me right now...ah! Mage's Initiation, that's it.
  • edited January 2012
    I wish IA would do a KQ4 VGA remake.

AGDI is no longer doing fan games, and Magic Mirror games is taking so long with their project that I'd bet money they won't finish it inside of the next decade.
  • edited January 2012
    If it hasn't been cancelled already...
  • edited January 2012
    I'd buy a AGDI KQ game, but I'm a big KQ fan, and others might not be willing to buy a KQ game from them.
  • edited January 2012
    Err..what?
  • edited January 2012
    Err..what?

I second this.
  • edited January 2012
    wilco64256 wrote: »
    I second this.

I meant to put that 'others' might not :). I fixed it.
  • exoexo
    edited January 2012
    If AGDI's next commercial game is as popular as Al Emmo, we may just get that KQ4 remake at some point... ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I love The Perils of Rosella.... one of the first Sierra games I ever bought with my own, hard earned money. Mowed a lot of lawns when I was 11 for that one. 50 bucks wasn't easy to come by back in the day!

Bt
  • edited January 2012
    exo wrote: »
    If AGDI's next commercial game is as popular as Al Emmo, we may just get that KQ4 remake at some point... ;)
    Was it popular? I can't stand that game.
  • edited January 2012
    Was it popular? I can't stand that game.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was being sarcastic. As in, if they make another commercial flop like Al Emmo, they might go back to remakes. ;)
  • exoexo
    edited January 2012
    Lambonius wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I thought he was being sarcastic. As in, if they make another commercial flop like Al Emmo, they might go back to remakes. ;)

bingo
  • edited April 2012
    The Magic Mirror Games website and forum are down. They don't give 404 errors; the server can not be found. Also, when I google kq4 remake magic mirror games Google does not have an entry for their site.

So it would seem that their KQ4 remake is officially scrapped.

psXiZ.png
  • edited April 2012
    The Magic Mirror Games website and forum are down. They don't give 404 errors; the server can not be found. Also, when I google kq4 remake magic mirror games Google does not have an entry for their site.

So it would seem that their KQ4 remake is officially scrapped.

psXiZ.png

It's like the idea of a KQ4 remake is cursed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.