Hmmm... idea for Sybil

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
lol i think Sybils next job should be as a careers adviser! :D

Comments

• edited March 2007
    You know, that's actually kind of clever.
    I'd save that for last, though.
  • edited March 2007
    hey thanks, yay my ideas smart lol! :cool:
  • edited March 2007
    She definitely needs to take up private eye at some point and team up with Sam & Max for an episode.
  • edited March 2007
    No, she should compete with Sam and Max! :)
  • edited March 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    No, she should compete with Sam and Max! :)

Sybil Pandemik, Freelance Policewoman.
  • edited March 2007
    Will we see her back ever again? I mean, with $100 million I'd say: take a break!
  • edited March 2007
    barchetta wrote: »
    Will we see her back ever again? I mean, with $100 million I'd say: take a break!

But she'll actually probably end up in debt at the start of the next episode, since, as you'll recall, the grant was taken away and given to Bosco. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    Oh, I thought both Bosco and Sybil were given the grant!
  • edited March 2007
    There was a total of 100 million dollars available for discretionary budget purposes. At first it was given to Sybil. But then, events changed, and it ended up given to Bosco. So I'm kindof wondering if won't end up taken back from Sybil?
  • edited March 2007
    I was hoping to see Sybil's reaction after her grant was revoked, myself. But maybe you get to spend $100M each time you look at the budget (yes, that is a rather far-fetched interpretation :D).
  • edited March 2007
    You think Bosco will be asking for a billion dollars in episode 5? :p
  • edited March 2007
    Yes, actually :D. And I already shudder to think of the Dr Evil type stunt you have to pull off to pay him in episode 6.:eek:
  • edited March 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    You think Bosco will be asking for a billion dollars in episode 5? :p

I like the idea of him saying he needs the money so he can build some gadget. Like needing 100 million for the missile defense system. It at least gives some reason for why he hasn't become insanely rich by now.
  • edited March 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Yes, actually :D. And I already shudder to think of the Dr Evil type stunt you have to pull off to pay him in episode 6.:eek:

Well, most of the time you don't even give him actual money. Tokens, food stamps, etc. Maybe, since it's titled Reality 2.0, you'll give him "credits." Some sort of game currency.
  • edited March 2007
    As I recall Bosco already had his missile defense system by the end of the episode? :/
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    As I recall Bosco already had his missile defense system by the end of the episode? :/

He's a fast spender.
  • edited March 2007
    That, and you'll notice that he made it out of a bull-horn speaker, two BBQ grills, a gas tank, a novelty police light, and a few pots and pans. How he got it to space and to shoot lazers? I have no idea.
  • edited March 2007
    How about Sybil going into the coffee business? Yeahhhh, and they could have poetry night. :p
  • edited March 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Sybil Pandemik, Freelance Policewoman.
    Policewoman Officer.

Seen Hot Fuzz? ;)
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    How about Sybil going into the coffee business? Yeahhhh, and they could have poetry night. :p

With beatniks!
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, and goth punk bands! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Syble should be get a broken leg and be in the hospital. Then Sam and Max could go there and possibly take some medication and put it in someone’s drink so that they pass-out. That can be incorporated into the game somehow.
  • edited April 2007
    I think she should break her leg and be in the hospitle. Then Sam and Max could go to the hospitle and that can probly be incorporated into the somehow.
  • edited April 2007
    Syble should be get a broken leg and be in the hospital. Then Sam and Max could go there and possibly take some medication and put it in someone’s drink so that they pass-out. That can be incorporated into the game somehow.
    I think she should break her leg and be in the hospitle. Then Sam and Max could go to the hospitle and that can probly be incorporated into the somehow.

...... Deja vu?
  • edited April 2007
    -shrugs-

:confused:
  • edited April 2007
    You crack me up, little buddy.

"Sam? I thought we wouldn't use that expression in Sybil's presence, with her having a cracked limb and all?"
    "Oh, you're right. How's this then? *ahem* Break a leg, little buddy. No? How about... You're pulling my leg, little buddy?"
  • edited April 2007
    I would much rather see her die. Sybil is a horrible character for a Sam and Max story. She doesn't fit into the scheme of it all. Her only purpose is to interact with Sam and Max and move the story along. It is kind of like plugging me, an unwitty normal asshole, into an episode of the Simpsons or South Park.
  • edited April 2007
    Hobophobic wrote: »
    I would much rather see her die. Sybil is a horrible character for a Sam and Max story. She doesn't fit into the scheme of it all. Her only purpose is to interact with Sam and Max and move the story along. It is kind of like plugging me, an unwitty normal asshole, into an episode of the Simpsons or South Park.

I'm getting rather tired of Jimmy and Bosco as well... I don't mind them for the rest of the season, though. I sure hope they have some new regular characters for the next season. Pwetty pweese, with a sugar on top!

I guess it's hard to avoid some reoccuring characters when it's episodic, but the lesser I have to keep talking with the same characters over and over and over and over again... the happier I am. It was fun with Boscos diguise the first time, and perhaps the second... but after that I started wishing I wouldn't have to talk with Bosco this episode. * Please don't hate me :D *
  • edited April 2007
    Well, I was mostly talking about Sybil. Bosco and Jimmy are rather eccentric characters and I feel they fit into the story quite well. Sybil is a rather dull broad whom changes occupations constantly. That is her only character trait that makes her unique. I was hoping to actually kill her in episode three(spoiler tags be damned! You shouldn't be reading these threads if you haven't played episode three!).
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Hobophobic wrote: »
    I was hoping to actually kill her in episode three(spoiler tags be damned! You shouldn't be reading these threads if you haven't played episode three!).

You didn't manage to actually kill her? Time to re-check that "play it again" thread.
  • edited April 2007
    The recurring characters largely redeem themselves in Episode 5.
  • edited April 2007
    I appreciate your comment, LuigHann, I love the majority of the recurring characters, but I'll give episode 5 a play before I make any further judgments on Sybil.

thanks for the response jake, I happen to have episode 3 on this computer, I will do my best to kill her within the next few days.
  • edited April 2007
    Well, Sybil does have that box of chloroform treated tissues. She's kind of asking for something bad to happen.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Policewoman Officer.

Seen Hot Fuzz? ;)

Damn your UKness! I can't wait for that movie to come out here
Sign in to comment in this discussion.