Sam & Max tribute tumblr?

edited March 2011 in Sam & Max
What would you think if I made a tribute blog to Sam & Max? I would feature news, videos and stuff and even showcase a few of my favourite fan arts from the community (as well as my own). Quotes, pictures, memes, everything that I love about Sam & Max.

What would you think? :/ Even though, yes, I am totally aware there is one already but I feel like it hasn't been updated much, and I would include even stuff that's happening around the Sam & Max fan community as well...

just a thought. I love these guys so much I'm willing to do this.

Although.. if it really is a bad idea. Then I won't. I don't use tumblr myself so like.. yeah.. :/

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I think it sounds like a great idea. A friend just introduced me to Tumblr, and I think it'd be a great way to share little nicks and doodads from Sam and Max with everyone else. If a group of us from here followed each other, we could post up stuff from different ends of the 'net.

In short - yes, it sounds like a fun idea, and you should totally do it. :D
  • edited March 2011
    The more the merrier! Go for it.
  • edited March 2011
    OK, here it is...
    http://hellyeahsamandmax.tumblr.com/
    I'll have it sorted out a bit more later. Maybe get a routine for like "fan art of the week" or something like that. And of course anything else of interest. People who are more used to tumblr your ideas are more than welcome!
  • edited March 2011
    I like it already.

APE
    THWARTING
  • edited March 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    I like it already.

APE
    THWARTING

LOL! I made that! XD I wanna be able to do a couple of those...

and of course, if anyone else has some to share, let me know and I'll post them. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    I like it already.

APE
    THWARTING

What he said.

Is there any image of Max saying "Stay frosty America"? There so needs to be one.
  • edited March 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    What he said.

Is there any image of Max saying "Stay frosty America"? There so needs to be one.

I.. don't think... there is...

y'see, this is the reason I made this. There's no awesome screen caps or gifs hardly anywhere on the net of Sam & Max and I wanted this so that all fans could contribute awesome things like that, as well as news, art, music, whatever!

If you guys have anything awesome at all you'd like me to post on the blog, PM me!
  • edited March 2011
    Love the blog so far! I got to contribute something at some point! Just have to, you know, make it.
  • edited March 2011
    Following, but I have no idea how to contribute. How I tumblr?
  • edited March 2011
    What he said.

How's this?
  • edited March 2011
    I don't actually know what a Tumblr is *feel stupid* - it is just like a blog thing?
  • edited March 2011
    I don't actually know what a Tumblr is *feel stupid* - it is just like a blog thing?

Pretty much - a very 'spur-of-the-minute' blog thing. It's like Twitter, but with images/music/video/text format. You can go more in-depth if you like, but a lot of it is about posting images and 're-blogging' stuff you think is pretty neat.
  • edited March 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    Pretty much - a very 'spur-of-the-minute' blog thing. It's like Twitter, but with images/music/video/text format. You can go more in-depth if you like, but a lot of it is about posting images and 're-blogging' stuff you think is pretty neat.

Oh okay thanks :) Sounds like a good idea ^^
  • edited March 2011
    The-J23 wrote: »
    How's this?

Oh yes! That is perfect, I will add that soon. C:

Jya know like them awesome funny screen cap things of find of films and stuff on tumblr? Those. We like those. gifs as well!!

But to answer the question on submitting, I think I can set up a page on the tumblr where you can fill out and send something you'd think you be cool for the site. Of course, we wouldn't want anything adult like, let's keep it to the level it's already at like. XD

And I'm thinking of starting a new segment just to get people psyched:
    Fan Art Mondays - where I showcase a particular work of awesome and make it fan art of the week.
  • edited March 2011
    I felt I had to contribute somehow to this, so I did a silly screencap.
  • edited March 2011
    A rare clip of Max going medieval on someone.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhmgvrj96o1qft8j9o1_500.gif
  • edited March 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    A rare clip of Max going medieval on someone.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhmgvrj96o1qft8j9o1_500.gif

HAHA! :D I must see if I can edit that slightly with a reaction image. :)
  • edited March 2011
    "That nasty waitress is a cake, your argument is invalid"

"That cake is actually a mermaid, your argument is invalid"
  • edited March 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    "That nasty waitress is a cake, your argument is invalid"

"That cake is actually a mermaid, your argument is invalid"

"The tarcake is NOT a lie!"
  • edited March 2011
    The cake was a lie.
  • edited March 2011
    Am following - think more Sam And Max stuff can only be a good thing :) In terms of keeping updates regular, Tumblr do an awesome 'Queue' feature so you can spend some time setting up a load of posts to go out at regular intervals - def helps relieve the pressure of trying to do something every day
  • edited March 2011
    Jwab wrote: »
    Am following - think more Sam And Max stuff can only be a good thing :) In terms of keeping updates regular, Tumblr do an awesome 'Queue' feature so you can spend some time setting up a load of posts to go out at regular intervals - def helps relieve the pressure of trying to do something every day

Ah, so THAT'S what that's for! Brilliant stuff, cheers for the word! :)
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    I'd follow it, but... that means I'd have to reveal my tumblr... WHICH IS TOP SECRET. NOBODY ALLOWED! [Rolls up iron gate.]

I do have some GIFs I could share though. They're small as I was using them for avatars on another forum.

162321c.jpg
    5y6kr6.jpg
    21ctp53.jpg
    am6sfk.jpg

Okay, only one was for an avatar it looks like.
  • edited March 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    I'd follow it, but... that means I'd have to reveal my tumblr... WHICH IS TOP SECRET. NOBODY ALLOWED! [Rolls up iron gate.]

I do have some GIFs I could share though. They're small as I was using them for avatars on another forum.

162321c.jpg
    5y6kr6.jpg
    21ctp53.jpg
    am6sfk.jpg

Okay, only one was for an avatar it looks like.

Cheers for your input, these are great! (BTW your awesome awesome song was featured! :>)
  • edited March 2011
    Those gifs are great!
  • edited March 2011
    One thing is that I'm still having trouble posting certain gifs. Like they actually don't move on the posts and I dunno what to do... :C
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    They might be too big for Tumblr, I could try shrinking them. Maybe try uploading them as links or something?
  • edited March 2011
    undignified.jpg
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    Here's something you might want to consider adding:

http://twitter.com/#!/TimOfLegend/status/48763911998144514

Get a screenshot of it. Tim Schafer (CEO of DoubleFine, guy who worked on Monkey Island and created games like Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts and Brutal Legend) replying to a fan comment.
  • edited March 2011
    mDt wrote: »
    They might be too big for Tumblr, I could try shrinking them. Maybe try uploading them as links or something?

If you could shrink 'em it'd be great. Yeah, I tried the links and no dice.

And thanks guys for more input! Gonna try and upload these soon..
  • edited March 2011
    de6xom.png

Ibbleskibbling!
  • edited March 2011
    I don't have access to the necessary software right now so, requesting gif/image of "Max will make you happy." from the bloopers? You know that'd be awesome.
  • mDtmDt
    edited March 2011
    I don't have access to the necessary software right now so, requesting gif/image of "Max will make you happy." from the bloopers? You know that'd be awesome.

I shall see what can be done.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.