Where did guybrush come from before he came to melee island?

where did guybrush come from before he came to melee island?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    It's unknown; it's entirely up to the speculation of the player(s). I don't mind the fact that LucasArts never gave Guybrush a backstory of any kind; it allows the player to come up with whatever they like and whatever they think works best. However, that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Guybrush's backstory someday, perhaps in the form of a comic, book, short film or something.
  • edited March 2011
    i dont mind lucasarts never gave guybrush a backstory either,its nice to use your imagination,just interesting to see what people think!
  • edited March 2011
    Well, my imagination has always told me that Guybrush used to live at home with his parents in a seaside town, before one day sneaking aboard a ship that was just about to set out on a voyage to a far-off land, with that ship being attacked by a crew of pirates mid-voyage; Guybrush being made to walk the plank into waters not far off from the shores of Melee.

But that's just what my imagination has conjured up. I'd love to hear what theories others have :).
  • edited March 2011
    My theory is Guybrush was abandoned as a child (based on comments made my Gb) and was probably very poor and lonely so he idolised pirates as escapism because they took what they wanted and did what they want so when he got old enough went to Melee to become one .
  • edited March 2011
    My theory is that his Aunt Lucy sent him on a lifeboat from Deepest Darkest Peru, with nothing but an old hat, a duffel coat, and a battered suitcase full of marmalade.
  • edited March 2011
    As I recall, "LeChuck's Revenge" reveals Guybrush has a sister and that he was (he thinks) abandoned by his parents. And in "Escape", it is revealed that he was washed up on the beach at Melee directly before the opening of the first game. Apart from a few comments about his education, I think that's all the backstory there is. And some of these points are probably part of the anachronistic structure of the games, anyway.
  • edited March 2011
    As I recall, "LeChuck's Revenge" reveals Guybrush has a sister and that he was (he thinks) abandoned by his parents. And in "Escape", it is revealed that he was washed up on the beach at Melee directly before the opening of the first game. Apart from a few comments about his education, I think that's all the backstory there is. And some of these points are probably part of the anachronistic structure of the games, anyway.

The sister thing was obviously a joke about how Guybrush had a doll house. Escape reveals he don't even remeber his parents names.
  • edited March 2011

coolsome wrote: »
    The sister thing was obviously a joke about how Guybrush had a doll house. Escape reveals he don't even remeber his parents names.

Not that EMI did the best job with cannon. :p
  • edited March 2011
    Guybrush is a golem created by the voodoo lady, he was brought to life shortly before meeting the watchman on Melee Island. If anyone bothered to ask him what he did before coming to Melee, he'd probably go insane trying to remember and murder everyone nearby.
  • edited March 2011
    As I recall, "LeChuck's Revenge" reveals Guybrush has a sister and that he was (he thinks) abandoned by his parents.

Don't forget that he also has a brother named Chuckie. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.