I want Cedric

Could one of the many graphically talented folks on this forum make some kind of graphic available for general use featuring Cedric saying something like, "Watch out, Graham! It's a poiiiiiisonous post!" :D

Past experience suggests it would come in handy from time to time. :)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    We could use it for the Monkey Island Caption Contest!
  • edited March 2011
    This thread title made me cringe.
  • edited March 2011
    You pass the sanity test, RH.
  • edited March 2011
    You pass the sanity test, RH.
    Who's RH?
  • edited March 2011
    Rather Hashing?

I was actually hoping to read some posts that express our love for Cedric in this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, I meant RD. Sorry. Strange typo. :confused:
  • edited March 2011
    Cedric wants you too.
  • edited March 2011
    :eek:
  • edited March 2011
    Cedric wants you

we_want_you.png

to stay away
    from the edge
  • edited March 2011
    CedricPost1.jpg

Bt
  • edited March 2011
    CedricPost1.jpg

Bt

That looks great.
  • edited March 2011
    Blackthorne519, great work! May others use this when circumstances warrant it?
  • edited March 2011
    Blackthorne519, great work! May others use this when circumstances warrant it?

That's why I made it! Free for all to use!

Bt
  • edited March 2011
    Thank you! :D

Now someone needs to post something poisonous so we get to use it! Or, wait... Was this graphic already in response to my post, or one of the others in this thread? :)
  • edited March 2011
    Ohhhhhhh graham!! Its a poiiiiiiiisooonous snake!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Alex_Graham_bulge.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Lambonius wrote: »
    Alex_Graham_bulge.jpg

"Alex, watch out, a POISONOUS snake!"
  • edited March 2011
    "Alex, watch out, a POISONOUS snake!"

Hahaha...YES.
  • edited March 2011
    Lambonius wrote: »
    Hahaha...YES.

That picture is wrong on so many levels, but I can't help laughing every time I see it lol.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't mind Cedric in the new game. He actually wouldn't be too bad of a guide if he didn't speak much unless spoken to (or if the hint level was set to a high level), and if he had a better voice actor. :)
  • edited March 2011
    I don't believe that Cedric will ever reappear unless he has the same voice, or at least a similar one.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    I doubt cedric will appear. I don't really know one way or the other obviously, but it seems like making "the return of Cedric!" something the fans were excited about would be a bold challenge to take on!

Sad, personal story: Somehow KQ5 was the first Kings Quest I ever played, and Cedric made sure it was the last. (I'll be playing them all through in the reasonably near future though.)

Of course, by sheer horrible luck, the only other Sierra adventure I played was the Black Cauldron game. Oops. Much later I heard there were a bunch of great ones out there, but my experience with the Sierra library as a kid was apparently playing two of the least well regarded games in their catalog.
  • edited March 2011
    Bummer Jake.... Leisure suit Larry games are just as fun and funny as anything Lucasarts did.. I also really love the Kings Quest games... I liked 5 a lot just not that owl.
  • edited March 2011
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Cedric in the new game. He actually wouldn't be too bad of a guide if he didn't speak much unless spoken to (or if the hint level was set to a high level), and if he had a better voice actor. :)

the ultimate punishment for turning hints up.
    Jake wrote: »
    apparently playing two of the least well regarded games in their catalog.

KQ 5 is one of their greatest games... A shame you didn't like it.
    edited March 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    KQ 5 is one of their greatest games... A shame you didn't like it.

At the time I liked a lot about it. I liked the look of things, especially the town at the start of the game, which (even though people were represented as not much more than little dots) always felt really bustling to me. I also liked the feeling of scope. Even though the desert and ice bits felt very tile based, just the fact that I could wander until I got lost and died was cool. I hated that I could click on the side of a cliff and fall off, though. That did not and has never made sense to me. It seems like in the early days they didn't know how to make characters pathfind well, so to solve it they turned that lack of know how into a game mechanic, which then stuck around as a style choice even after that knowledge was commonplace. Maybe that's misguided, but that's the impression I got even as a kid :P I liked that KQ5 allowed me to do more things than LucasArts games, but it seemed like the line was drawn too far with things like walking off a cliff at the click of a button -- it seemed ridiculous that a King would willingly do something so stupid that even my pet dog wouldn't. I know for people who grew up with that stuff its loved to death* because it was there at the time, but it's always been hard for me personally to reconcile!

* joke

Also: before anything is read into anything I'm saying, I should probably make it clear that I'm just talking about my personal experiences playing KQ as a kid, and it has no bearing on Telltale's game. I'm working on the Walking Dead right now and have no idea if I'll even be on King's Quest. I just enjoy talking about this stuff with people!
  • edited March 2011
    That's a shame Jake :). You should give Space Quest a try some day!. It has some annoying deaths, but at least they are funny :). I find it amusing that Cedric is the most parodied character from all of KQ, but many would still like him to return.
    edited March 2011
    I plan on playing them in the near-ish future.
  • edited March 2011
    I doubt cedric will appear. I don't really know one way or the other obviously, but it seems like making "the return of Cedric!" something the fans were excited about would be a bold challenge to take on!
    Heh, no kidding! But just to be clear, I only meant to ask for the Cedric graphic with this thread.

So no one please blame me when Telltale announce it will be a first-person hooter.
  • edited March 2011
    I liked that KQ5 allowed me to do more things than LucasArts games, but it seemed like the line was drawn too far with things like walking off a cliff at the click of a button -- it seemed ridiculous that a King would willingly do something so stupid that even my pet dog wouldn't. I know for people who grew up with that stuff its loved to death* because it was there at the time, but it's always been hard for me personally to reconcile

I think that's one of the big differences between Sierra and LucasArts adventures. In a LucasArts game, you aren't really controlling the player character, you're just suggesting things for them to do. They have their own thoughts and motivations and they can object to the things the player tells them to do. In a Sierra game, however, the player character is more or less a mindless avatar that you have complete control over. You effectively are King Graham, and so you need to be as careful about keeping your balance and watching your step as you would have to be if you were really there. And the games let you intentionally do stupid or dangerous things because, why not? That's what you want to do, and so you should be able to do it. Ben from Full Throttle might object to "putting his lips on that," but Roger Wilco will gladly lick a metal grating and shred his tongue to pieces if you want him to.
  • edited March 2011
    Ben from Full Throttle might object to "putting his lips on that," but Roger Wilco will gladly lick a metal grating and shred his tongue to pieces if you want him to.

Hahaha...this is my new favorite Sierra/Lucasarts comparison. So true.
  • edited March 2011
    KQ2VGA : best scene ever

and yes that is the original actor from kq5
  • edited March 2011
    I think that's one of the big differences between Sierra and LucasArts adventures. In a LucasArts game, you aren't really controlling the player character, you're just suggesting things for them to do. They have their own thoughts and motivations and they can object to the things the player tells them to do. In a Sierra game, however, the player character is more or less a mindless avatar that you have complete control over. You effectively are King Graham, and so you need to be as careful about keeping your balance and watching your step as you would have to be if you were really there. And the games let you intentionally do stupid or dangerous things because, why not? That's what you want to do, and so you should be able to do it. Ben from Full Throttle might object to "putting his lips on that," but Roger Wilco will gladly lick a metal grating and shred his tongue to pieces if you want him to.

Well stated.
  • edited March 2011
    This thread is roughly the same as saying "I wish Star Wars had more Jar Jar Binks."
    edited March 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    This thread is roughly the same as saying "I wish Star Wars had more Jar Jar Binks."

Technically its roughly the same as saying "I wish this forum had an image macro of Jar Jar saying 'how wude!' with a picture of a forum post."
  • edited March 2011
    Scnew wrote: »

Mesa thinks that sounds wob-underful! Oooh! Gooberfish......

Bt
  • edited March 2011
    Oh my god. You guys. AMAZING IDEA FOR A NEW TV SHOW.

Jar Jar Binks and Cedric the Owl are a couple of bachelors rooming together in New York. Jar Jar's trying to find himself a stable relationship, while Cedric's just looking to party. Hilarity ensues when Jar Jar meets a special lady, only to bring her home and discover that Cedric invited Scrappy Doo, Orko, Snarf, and Wheelie the Autobot for poker night... in Jar Jar's bedroom!
  • edited March 2011
    A little part of me died just now..... you killed a little part of me.. I hope you're happy.
  • edited March 2011
    Technically its roughly the same as saying "I wish this forum had an image macro of Jar Jar saying 'how wude!' with a picture of a forum post."
    Yes, but it is intended as a deterrent. We can all enjoy a Cedric-free forum unless someone gets deliberately provocative, at which point they will be risking responsibility for incurring Cedric. That is the point.
  • edited March 2011
    CedricJarJar.jpg

Bt
  • edited March 2011
    LOL! :D

Genius. But also...

CedricPost1.jpg

Just kidding. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.