I miss Sam and Max: hit the road

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
that game was awesome!. i recently have played situation comedy, and i'm very dissapointed. i can't believe how short is it, and how easy. hit the road is my favorite game ever beacause of its difficult and its history. i wish they make old's sam an max games. bye

Comments

• edited March 2007
    you should check out episode 4
  • edited March 2007
    Situation Comedy was my least favorite of all 4 episodes released so far. I don't like the subject matter at all really, though there was good humor as always. I would still buy it (I bought all episodes... twice!).
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    This feels like a hit 'n run.

He came, he vented, he left... :p
  • edited March 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    This feels like a hit 'n run.

He came, he vented, he left... :p

:D :D :D drive by difficulty swipe
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Situation Comedy was my least favorite of all 4 episodes released so far. I don't like the subject matter at all really, though there was good humor as always. I would still buy it (I bought all episodes... twice!).
    I concur. The pacing on this one was awful; It didn't seem like an episode to me because the puzzles were all disorangized The third game, while seemingly keeping a similar path like the 2nd, is better in pacing because you are required to get into the room first (your goal) as oppose to going there near the end of the game; you get sidetracked by puzzles in the beginning of the game where you then you find out is needed for the 2nd to last puzzle. The second may be funnier than the first game, but overall, it is the worst in the season as of now.
  • edited March 2007
    ronalditop wrote: »
    that game was awesome!. i recently have played situation comedy, and i'm very dissapointed. i can't believe how short is it, and how easy. hit the road is my favorite game ever beacause of its difficult and its history. i wish they make old's sam an max games. bye

Yet another to add to the pile. Is it absolutely necessary that every new user open up a new thread to post another of these "I wish the new games were exactly like the old game" threads?
  • edited March 2007
    Hey, now, I didn't do that some 200+ posts ago from this one!
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »

I agree. I've noticed that many reviewers around the net keep saying that Episode 3 is the worst one. Granted, it was the shortest one, but I laughed a lot. Episode 2 was (relatively) boring, you got to Myra too early in the game, there was no climax. I still liked the dialogues and the non-linear gameplay, though. And - it's always Sam & Max! :D
  • edited March 2007
    Yet another to add to the pile. Is it absolutely necessary that every new user open up a new thread to post another of these "I wish the new games were exactly like the old game" threads?

Not at all. I came here because I loved the games. Apart from episode 2, which although kinda funny, was still confusing. In fact the only part I really liked about episode 2 was the answering machine at the start. As my signature shows.

Off Topic (and directed at Pvt._public): Nice murray avatar ^^
  • edited March 2007
    I'm not entirely sure why people are complaining about the episodes' length - Sam and Max: Hit the Road was also quite short.

Assuming that the average episode time is...2.5 hours (?) long and Hit the Road was...5 hours long (roughly - I completed in in less than 4 hours recently, having not played it for over five years)...when combined, the episodes will be, uh, ten hours longer than the original game, or three times its length.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm not entirely sure why people are complaining about the episodes' length - Sam and Max: Hit the Road was also quite short.

Assuming that the average episode time is...2.5 hours (?) long and Hit the Road was...5 hours long (roughly - I completed in in less than 4 hours recently, having not played it for over five years)...when combined, the episodes will be, uh, ten hours longer than the original game, or three times its length.

Don't forget the replayability for easter eggs, and also the fact that there'll be more seasons to come! ^^
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    ronalditop wrote: »
    i wish they make old's sam an max games.

Heh. I don't.
  • edited March 2007

umm 5 hours if you know the answers to all the puzzles.. back in the day hit the road took me months to complete..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.